Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 10:17:52 PM EDT
If I hold down a key my computer freezes, second I let go it unfrezzes.

Now if I hold down a key, lets say D and than after holding down d I press F and release F my pc is fine.

So if I am playing a game, to walk forward I must quickly hold down W than tap another key to keep it from freezing.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Run your antivirus program, get adaware or spyware and run them, you can download them free. Disk scan and defragment your computer, restart it and try again. You may have just run across a logic bomb or something.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Reinstall OS, and then if it still doesnt work break keyboard in rage
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Or take keyboard to range.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or take keyboard to range.

Or range keyboard at range.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Memorex keyboards are very tough, mine has taken being hit and used to beat the computer several times
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Have done this, even paid $80 for a new fancy wireless keyboard, still no fix.

I am fucking lost,

Please some one help haha seriosuly please help
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Bumpidy dump. Come on some one must know my troubles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing these were both usb keyboards, if so try a ps2 keyboard, that eliminates a problem with your usb ports/motherboard.  More info on your hardware is needed, its like trying to diagnose AIDS over the phone without it.  With that said, call your computer manufacturer if possible.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I hold down a key my computer freezes, second I let go it unfrezzes.

Now if I hold down a key, lets say D and than after holding down d I press F and release F my pc is fine.

So if I am playing a game, to walk forward I must quickly hold down W than tap another key to keep it from freezing.

Thats really fuckin odd...

I think you need more....
...COWBELL

Sorry couldnt resist. I dunno what the problem is but you get a free BTT for putting up with me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
tannerite
...probably Spyware or something...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm guessing these were both usb keyboards, if so try a ps2 keyboard, that eliminates a problem with your usb ports/motherboard.  More info on your hardware is needed, its like trying to diagnose AIDS over the phone without it.  With that said, call your computer manufacturer if possible.

Sorry, the one giving me trouble is a Sony Pcv-RZ26G

no ps2 mouse and keyborad before, however now the new wireless one is usb, but still sam problem even after reformatting the HD and reinstalling XP, why the fuck I upgraded or as I have downgraded from 2000 Pro I do not know. I think I will reinstall Longhorn
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Make Sure Sticky Keys is disabled in windows.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#13]
If you've reformatted and it still happens then it's probably a setting in your bios.  Look around in there and disable any sticky keys options and the like.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you've reformatted and it still happens then it's probably a setting in your bios.  Look around in there and disable any sticky keys options and the like.

How do I do this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#15]
If it is freezing, then put a blowtorch to the side of it while you hold down buttons.  See?  No more problem.
Seriously, get a keyboard that isn't a USB keyboard.  Get an old one, and plug it in (if you have a port for that).  If that doesn't work, I dont know.  I would have to be there to fiddle with it.  (Or fill it with semtex, if the situation warrants it...)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#16]
God mother fucker, ready to kick this fucking thing in to the ground.

It is a pretty fast pc however due to this is almost useless, I  can't even type fast god dam mother fucker.

I am ready to launch this thing across the room, but has about 110gb of important shit on it
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do I do this.

Easiest way, assuming this wasnt happening when you first got the computer, go into the bios and you should have an option to load the default settings.  Or if you want to be hardcore pull the battery off the motherboard for a minute.

Have you added any hardware after first getting/building the computer?  If so remove it.  If not start pulling out/disabling pci cards anyway.

Boot to your xp/2k cd, enter the setup or goto the recovery console and see if holding a button makes either unresponsive.  If it does, I'd say your motherboard is definately the problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#18]
To get into your BIOS just tap the DELETE key repeatedly when the computer is first starting up.  It should take you to a blue screen with a bunch of big computer words that you won't understand.  I wouldn't recommend loading the default settings as suggested earlier but rather just look through the menus for something relevant.  Be careful in there and don't change anything you don't understand.  If you think you messed things up use the load default option.

If the DELETE key doesn't work just pay attention when your comp first starts up and it should say what key to use to enter BIOS or SETUP or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay, I know how to get to the bios, just never recalled the sticky function in it, just PCI setting Vga etc. Never mind figured I had skipped over it. And yes it is my MB since it will freeze even the bootup if I hold a key.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]
$10 says youre running a keyboard through the USB port eh?  If so, you can get a piece for like $5 that goes on the usb end to convert it to a standard keyboard jack
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
$10 says youre running a keyboard through the USB port eh?  If so, you can get a piece for like $5 that goes on the usb end to convert it to a standard keyboard jack

Before it was a ps2 with the same problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you have a significant other that put a keystroke logger on your PC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top