Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 4:14:42 PM EDT
I just don't understand this. There is a guy trying to sell a pre-ban lower for $800. I didn't even say anything negative about it. All I said was that I had had a similar experience and thought the price was too high. In fact, I said that we should move the discussion elsewhere because the moderators probably wouldn't like the discussion being in the E.E. yet I get in trouble. I'm not a troll or a trouble starter and I'm a little pissed over the whole thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You broke the rules.... plain and simple.  Dont post any discussion in the EE that might hurt the sellers ad.  Big deal.... it will be here before you know it.

And let me add.... I am GLAD to see the mods taking this sort of action.  Too much crap in the EE.  I just hope it is even handed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn rules.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Rules suck!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You broke the rules.... plain and simple.  Dont post any discussion in the EE that might hurt the sellers ad.  Big deal.... it will be here before you know it.

And let me add.... I am GLAD to see the mods taking this sort of action.  Too much crap in the EE.  I just hope it is even handed.

I never visit the EE, but I find it odd that one can't post a discussion that could hurt a seller's deal.  what is the advantage in that? (other than the advantage this would give to an unscrupulous seller)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just don't understand this. There is a guy trying to sell a pre-ban lower for $800. I didn't even say anything negative about it. All I said was that I had had a similar experience and thought the price was too high. In fact, I said that we should move the discussion elsewhere because the moderators probably wouldn't like the discussion being in the E.E. yet I get in trouble. I'm not a troll or a trouble starter and I'm a little pissed over the whole thing.

They did what!!  That's crazy!!

All because you IM'd the guy that his price was too high?!?

Oh?  It wasn't an IM?  You posted it in his thread?

Nevermind.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I never visit the EE, but I find it odd that one can't post a discussion that could hurt a seller's deal.  what is the advantage in that? (other than the advantage this would give to an unscrupulous seller)

Because you will have tons of little faggots whining about someones prices all the time.  You should try and participating in a unmoderated forsale forum sometime.  It's a nightmare.  You will get a lot of apples-to-oranges comparisons from morons... stomping around... and in the end... it just hurts everyone.  We dont need price police here.  We have a feedback system that covers any unscrupulous sellers.  If someones prices are too high, they either wont sell the item, or a fool will buy it.  That fool was gonna lose his money one way or the other.  It doesnt take much looking around to figure out what things are worth.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This ant the right place either.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I will admit I posted on someone's 6920 HBAR "deal"...but I deleted my post right away because I felt bad. I will say though that what really pisses me off is seller's using the threat of another ban to sell something. That is such BS...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
If someones prices are too high, their item won't sell. That is the only check/balance we need in the EE. No need to comment on the thread, IM the person to pull their head out of their ass or kindly tell them to move on to gunbroker.com.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They did what!!  That's crazy!!

All because you IM'd the guy that his price was too high?!?

Oh?  It wasn't an IM?  You posted it in his thread?

Nevermind.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You broke the rules.... plain and simple.  Dont post any discussion in the EE that might hurt the sellers ad.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate people that whine about price. You should be suspended IMO....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

DAAUUUU !!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This is a funny thread...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#19]
You should've had your dog shot, that'll teach the civilians!  Oh, wait........nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#20]
You may have met well, but I have to agree if someone wants to pay to much for some thing thats up to them to decide on that, or the product just won't sell.

If the EE did not have those rules I could see how things might get out of control and people would just be bitching about other peoples prices.

Don't let it get to you sometimes your on top.......sometimes you are on the bottom. Just don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
take this up with staff if you have a problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top