Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:54:04 PM EDT
I'm still LOL at this one:

Pa. Man Trying to Shoot Mouse With Small-Caliber Handgun Misses, Wounds Girlfriend Instead

10-20-2004 4:58 PM

CONFLUENCE, Pa. --  A man missed a mouse he was trying to shoot with a small-caliber handgun and wounded his girlfriend instead, state police said.

Donald Rugg, 43, of Confluence, was trying to kill the rodent with a .22-caliber handgun when his girlfriend, Cathy Jo Harris, 38, apparently went into the line of fire and was hit in the arm early Tuesday morning, state police said.

She was taken to Somerset Hospital where she was listed in fair condition Tuesday, said hospital spokesman Greg Chiappelli.

Neither Rugg nor Harris could immediately be reached for comment.

State police said they won't charge Rugg, but advised against people shooting firearms inside.

hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D85RD2V00
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

State police said they won't charge Rugg, but advised against people shooting firearms inside.

hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D85RD2V00

Ya think!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Pa. Man Trying to Shoot Mouse With Small-Caliber Handgun Misses, Wounds Girlfriend Instead

10-20-2004 4:58 PM

CONFLUENCE, Pa. --  A man missed a mouse he was trying to shoot with a small-caliber handgun and wounded his girlfriend instead, state police said.

Donald Rugg, 43, of Confluence, was trying to kill the rodent with a .22-caliber handgun when his girlfriend, Cathy Jo Harris, 38, apparently went into the line of fire and was hit in the arm early Tuesday morning, state police said.

She was taken to Somerset Hospital where she was listed in fair condition Tuesday, said hospital spokesman Greg Chiappelli.

Neither Rugg nor Harris could immediately be reached for comment.

If he'd used his M1911 his girlfriend probably wouldn't have an extra orifice right now!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
And this is that state that is voting Kerry in '04?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I "hunted" mice with my scoped 10/22 and loading .22 colibri's one at a time. I set up in my living room prone and would shoot the little bastards when they came out from under my kitchen sink. I was living in the upstairs of a split rental house and the ppl downstairs were trashy and I left a pizza box on the floor by the trash with a couple crusts in it and I had mice for about a week. I shot 2 or 3 of them with my 10/22 that way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey - we can't ALL be geniuses in this state!  Besides, anyone living in a town named "Confulence" is automatically suspect. He should have just used a shotgun - just racking the slide would have scared the mouse right out of the house instantly, never to return....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I "hunted" mice with my scoped 10/22 and loading .22 colibri's one at a time. I set up in my living room prone and would shoot the little bastards when they came out from under my kitchen sink. I was living in the upstairs of a split rental house and the ppl downstairs were trashy and I left a pizza box on the floor by the trash with a couple crusts in it and I had mice for about a week. I shot 2 or 3 of them with my 10/22 that way.

mouse traps aren't that complex or expensive.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Not quite Darwin Award material, but bad enough for a .
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I mis-read the title at first and thought is said "man tries to shoot MOOSE with small caliber handgun..."
So I am reading the post, thinking they must have been attacked by this moose in the wild.....anyway, gotta slow down my reading....

mouse, moose...

I read an article in AZ when I was on vacation about some guy shooting a centipede on the sidewalk with his .22 and it ricocheted back at him and hit him in the temple (he lived)

some people
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]

It reads like she was trying to save the mouse (ala. peta or green pis) and blocked the bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top