User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 12:04:02 PM EDT
Need help quick: How?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Mineral spirts

emergency  -- gasoline -- make sure no flames around - then you have to get rid of the oder .
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mineral spirts

emergency  -- gasoline -- make sure no flames around - then you have to get rid of the oder .

Blot.......don't rub
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Tannerite. Less smell than gasoline.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks

Welcome

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever you use, try it somewhere that no one will see it.  It does no good to get the stain out by getting all the color out, too.

Acetone might work - smells nicer than gasoline, but is just as flammable.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The real question is how do you get a lot of blood out of carpet?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Enzymes
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
One time I had a quart of flat black paint out and a small brush out to do some sights ...

too much Jack and I bump the table and the whole quart goes on the carpet ----

I was a dead man walking --- wife home in 6 hours...............

I used gas and when it was clean  -- soap and water ( Dawn dish soap), then  air freshener to sweaten the smell.

Wife never knew it happened ............................

thank god
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"Simple Solution" it's an enzyme usually available at most big pet stores like "Pet Smart", etc.

It will clean a crime scene so well that even Luminol won't work finding a blood stain because the little "yeastie beasties" in Simple Solution are LIVING organisms and they eat ALL the protein they can find. Also works good on vomit, pee, poop, etc. Just mix it and use immediately. It will NOT keep after it has been mixed into solution because the organisms die shortly afterward.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bunch of damn susie homemakers you all are. Get in the kitchen and bake me a pie.

Real men have the wife clean it up
Just kidding, lord i hope mona doesn't see this

Yea...TBS...but WE have to buy the right stuff for them to use!

I got my missus a can of "OOPS" to take out a small but nasty spot of tar in her carpet.  She had tried several other things without success.  The OOPS worked perfectly and did not take the colors out of her multi-color berber carpet.

See, by purchasing the OOPS, I contributed to the cleaning process too!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The only way to be sure is to have the entire carpet removed and the stained plywood flooring replaced.  I saw it on CSI...so it must be true.

Alternatively, you could just lift off and nuke it from orbit to be sure!  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]
What kind of paint, latex or oil-based?  You would use water for latex, mineral spirits won't do jackshit for latex.  Oil-based, you can use mineral spirits, turpentine (farking smells), I would stay away from Gasoline unless your a redneck and have a friend hold your beer.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
You could also try "Goop" easy on the colors in fabrics.

GM
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Goof Off.  Get it at Home Depot.  Methyl Carbitol is the main ingredient of this remover.  Use more than adequate ventilation.  It will move laquer paint from a stopsign, cinder block wall, etc.  This shiat works.  Get some.  Don't get the water based version, get the good shiate.  It will also remove completely dried latex paint.

You could also consider a carpet inlet, if it is damaged.  A good carpet kicker can release an edge of carpet from the wall, cut out a pattern and glue/iron in a contrasting piece of carpet for much less than complete replacement, and then kick the carpet (stretch) it back on the carpet tacks.  Did you keep a large scrap from your original install?  Most damaging spills occur within the first year of carpet install.  Conscientious carpet kickers will leave a large scrap with a home owner for such emergencies.

I know, I have seen me do it.

Goof off will remove years of built up grease from a range or range hood.  I love this stuff, keep it on the shelf at all times.  Now I am thinking...........maybe I will clean my rifle barrel with it......hmmmmm
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]
AFTA mineral spirits...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top