Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:11:19 AM EDT
Big mortor attack north of Baghdad. Could a dirty bomb be set off in Iraq just before the election? Could the results of that sway voters to kerry? Hundreds of US troops killed or infected, I think, would be devastating to Bush.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I really, honestly, don't see how another terrorist attack would sway voters for Kerry.

Kerry has already told the world that he is a pussy when it comes to terror.

If a big bomb blows up and kills Americans, voters are gonna want some terrorist ass and they know GWB will get it for them.

Just think about right after 9/11.  When GWB made it clear we were gonna dish out some serious punishment, his popularity was through the roof.  I think you could expect the same thing to happen if there was another large terrorist attack before the election.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I really, honestly, don't see how another terrorist attack would sway voters for Kerry.

Kerry has already told the world that he is a pussy when it comes to terror.

If a big bomb blows up and kills Americans, voters are gonna want some terrorist ass and they know GWB will get it for them.

Just think about right after 9/11.  When GWB made it clear we were gonna dish out some serious punishment, his popularity was through the roof.  I think you could expect the same thing to happen if there was another large terrorist attack before the election.

+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't it seem like nothing can go right for Bush lately?  At the beginning of the cold and blue season, we lose half of our flu vaccinations.  In Iraq we have 18 soldiers refusing to follow orders saying they weren't going to take on a "suicide mission" raising the question once again as to whether or not are soldiers are properly equipped.    

It's quite a coincidence that he's getting hit with so much right now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It will only hurt Kerry if something were to happen.  GWB is an ass kicker!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesn't it seem like nothing can go right for Bush lately?  At the beginning of the cold and blue season, we lose half of our flu vaccinations.  In Iraq we have 18 soldiers refusing to follow orders saying they weren't going to take on a "suicide mission" raising the question once again as to whether or not are soldiers are properly equipped.    

It's quite a coincidence that he's getting hit with so much right now.

Actually, no.  What you are seeing is the media pushing every issue that is in any way negative for Bush and pushing it hard.  Kerry is their boy... and they are trying like hell to get him elected.

If Kerry had voted for the 87 billion dollars and maybe... NOT voted against it, then our troops would have a lot more of the gear that they need.  You can blame the Dems for our soldiers being poorly equipped.  Clinton did nothing but cut funding and reduce the military while he was in office, now the Dems blame Bush for the Military's problems.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, no. What you are seeing is the media pushing every issue that is in any way negative for Bush and pushing it hard. Kerry is their boy... and they are trying like hell to get him elected.

Agree
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, but what if there was a big bomb but not too many casualties?  Someone here posited that mega property damage without much loss of life might be a terrorists-for-Kerry move, whereas many deaths would be a boost to Bush because he'll kick ass.

It kinda makes sense to me.  Life for a life, but if they just did some property damage...  I can see our "society" thinking that way.  

Scott
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I think something as significant as a dirty bomb would only serve to prove the involvement of terrorists in Iraq and the existance of nuclear materials there.   +1 for Bush in that case.

Heavy casulties from suicide bombings and street skirmishes with no "obvious" organization....bad for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I think Kerry would benefit from an attack in the US. Bush would be blamed for failing to prevent it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#11]
the oct surprise is that zarqwoui will be placed as a scarecrow, in time for halloween, on the white house lawn.

US forces are bombing the shiite out of a zarqwoui held position as we type per the news.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think Kerry would benefit from an attack in the US. Bush would be blamed for failing to prevent it.

Especially if we find out that the terrorists cam e up from Mexico  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#13]
THERE WILL BE NO OCTOBER SURPRISE.  THE OCTOBER SURPRISE IS A MYTH OF AMERICAN POLITICS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#14]
What was it?  I heard it said about GWB:

"I like Bush.  He gets up in the morning, his feet hit the floor, he scratches his balls and says 'let's go kill us some ****** terrorists!'"

If something happens, I think we'll want some foot to be forcefully put to some ass, and GWB will be the man to get it done.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Actually, no. What you are seeing is the media pushing every issue that is in any way negative for Bush and pushing it hard. Kerry is their boy... and they are trying like hell to get him elected.

Agree

+1!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top