Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:04:42 PM EDT
What a beginning!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn straight!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That was THE best damn show I have ever seen on TV!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the ratings where high enough to bring it back to the weakly stage. Though i dont know what they would do now that the storyline is over.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that the story line was over when Chriton and Aeryn were crystalized. Who knew?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody is taping it RIGHT?????

I missed the first episode....

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It's on again on Sunday at 3 EST. (both shows)

BTW I gave up taking a load to Ocala FL. today just to watch it tonight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks. I only saw the second one. I'm dying to see the first.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I could never keep up with the show.  Too much phsyco-babble for me.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The last 15 minutes of part two was a let down.
Too much happy-happy joy-joy going on.
They sure killed off enough people.
Too bad Talyn and Crais were lost in the shuffle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You gotta love a pregnant mom who is shooting people while she's about to give birth, and then runs out with a baby in one hand and a gun in the other shortly after !!  

I also liked the overall themof th eminiseries (apart from the love-story) which was "peace out of the barrel of a gun"  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#11]
What about the revelation that the Peacekeepers are really humans!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You gotta love a pregnant mom who is shooting people while she's about to give birth, and then runs out with a baby in one hand and a gun in the other shortly after !!  

I also liked the overall themof th eminiseries (apart from the love-story) which was "peace out of the barrel of a gun"  

Yeah it was pretty cool. She was saying " BUT SHOOTING MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!".  Sucks that killed off some of the crew though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it was pretty cool. She was saying "BUT SHOOTING MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!".  Sucks that killed off some of the crew though.

I loved that !!!    
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Aeryn: "So how long does human labor last?"
Crichton: "Could be days"
Aeryn: "I've killed men for less...."

Fritz

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I seriously doubt there will be a new series.  At least not one with the original cast of Farscape.  While I loved the series, I think the ending in the mini-series was pretty final.  The show and mini-series was full of positive messages that are pretty rare in modern tv shows.

- Pro-gun and pro-self defense.
- Sometimes peace requires war, pain and death, but it's worth it.
- Friends that fight and die for each other for an honorable cause.
- Crichton and Aeryn as a married couple raising their child TOGETHER.

Those are some pretty good lessons if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Too bad Talyn and Crais were lost in the shuffle.

They weren't lost.  During the series, Talyn and Crais starburst inside a Peacekeeper carrier in order to allow Crichton and the gang to escape and bring down Scorpios.  They died for their friends.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#17]
It was only a mini-series, it's over.  With Earth saved, the war over, desire for wormhole weapons gone, what would be left?  It would have to be a new storyline.

Notice how some of the characters had put on some weight?  Just saying...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Just finished watching the Tivo of part 2.

Without a doubt one of the best peices of work aired on TV.

They obviously left enough "loose ends" with the characters to continue, but I think it would be difficult.  Very few series get the chance to "go out" on such a high note of creativty, acting, writing and production values.  Anything that they tried to do after this would fall short.

No, I'm a dedicated Farscape fan and think it's one of the most orginal things that has come down the pike in a LONG time.  I'd perfer that they not try and continue.  They said it all with this concluding work and everyone that had anything to do with it can be proud and know that they did a world-class job.

I will be getting the entire series on DVD in a few weeks.  The mini-series will be added to my collection the moment it comes out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Some good new on the ratings. This was posted over at the save farscape site.  Hopefully they bring it back. Scifi has shit canned more good shows than just about every other network. A bit off topic but i hope the firefly movie rakes in enough money to convince someone to pick it up. I think firefly would fit in well with Scifi's friday night line up.

'FARSCAPE' DECLARES 'WAR' ON THE COMPETITION

SCI FI Miniseries Premieres #1
Among P18-49 and P25-54

New York, NY (October 19, 2004) -- The fans have spoken. They frelling love their Farscape. The two-night, four-hour Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (Oct. 17-18 @ 9-11pm ET/PT) premiere averaged a 1.7 HH rating/1,916,000 P2+, making SCI FI the #1 non-sports cable network for P25-54 and P18-49 for the time period over the two nights.

SCI FI trounced its competition among P25-54, outdelivering TNT (24%), TBS (45%) and Spike TV (42%). They fared no better among P18-49, with SCI FI outperforming TNT (32%), TBS (27%) and Spike TV (35%).

Peacekeeper Wars delivered an aggregate audience of 6,883,000 viewers over the two nights (4 telecasts of Night One, 3 telecasts of Night Two).

With a 1.5 HH rating/1,735,000 P2+, Night One of Peacekeeper Wars was up 81% in HH ratings and scored triple digit increases in key demos versus the time period average for October 2003:
• +163% in P25-54
• + 202% in P18-49

Night Two of the mini soared even higher, delivering a 1.9 HH rating/2,097,000 P2+ (Oct. 18 @9-11pm ET/PT). It improved upon the previous night's premiere by:
• +30% in HH rating
• +25% in P18-49
• +20% in P25-54

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 84 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I seriously doubt there will be a new series.  At least not one with the original cast of Farscape.  While I loved the series, I think the ending in the mini-series was pretty final.  The show and mini-series was full of positive messages that are pretty rare in modern tv shows.

I was thinking about this as I fell asleep yesterday.  The reason that all these are in play is that Farscape is really about living on the frontier.  Those things that you list aren't considered worthwhile in a domesticated (read - sheeplefied) situation like what most of the world has become.  It's only when people live or die by their own wits do values that you list become important.

Given that most of this dust ball has been "pacified" (for the most part) we aren't likely to see any resurgance of the values many of us here hold dear until humans start pushing outward.  If we don't kill ourselves in the meantime, we'll probably see another frontier when Mars starts to be colonized and especially when terriforming takes hold.  Until then humans will continue to become more insect like in their attitudes and behavior as we become more densely populated.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Well it was brought back once by internet demand, could happen again...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I think that there is a decent chance they bring it back. The ratings were smoking and their current friday line up with the exception of SG1 and SG Atlantis sucks. I dont know how Andromeda has managed to survive for the past 3-4 years it has gone from kind of sucking to really sucking. Also playing a SG1 repeat is just kind of filler between shows. They need to add some new series that dont suck.

They may plan to replace the SG1 repeat with the new Battlestar series i can see that working in a friday time slot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wish they would bring back Space Above and Beyond
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Notice how some of the characters had put on some weight?  Just saying...

Yeah - that peacekeeper women (Greyza?) sure had a huge beer gut !  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish they would bring back Space Above and Beyond

Space above and beyond would have been cool if the pilots didnt double as infantry that kind of ruined it for me. But other than that it was a cool show with a interesting story line.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#26]
That white Gigi chick looks better in all her white make-up than she does in real life
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
That white Gigi chick looks better in all her white make-up than she does in real life

I used to have some nude pics of her that a friend emailed me, and she was pretty hot in those - not really my type though.

(sorry - don't IM me, since I don't have them anymore)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to have some nude pics of her that a friend emailed me, and she was pretty hot in those - not really my type though.

(sorry - don't IM me, since I don't have them anymore)

Pics? I saw her in "Lost World" about the young kids  who were feeding the adults to this big plant
sorry I kinda got excided, you know what I mean & did'nt read your whole post
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Gigi has it good.  You probably wouldn't recognize her passing in the street unless she looked at you "just right" to trgger a memory of Chi.  Saying something would be a *dead* giveaway though.

Speaking of appearances.  Anyone else have their gears stripped over Sikozu?  I had to go check the credits on IMDB before I could believe it was Raelee.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it was pretty cool. She was saying " BUT SHOOTING MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!".  Sucks that killed off some of the crew though.

Nobody is ever dead in farscape.  That's rule number 1. They 'kill someone' when they need a good cliffhanger.

Chrichton has been 'dead' at least twice. Aeryn two or three times.

Watch the last 30 mintues again for a hint.

Sikozu was tied up in the ruins. The medical tranlator guy crawled to her position. They were both still alive when we saw them last.

Also, we never saw d'argo die either. And we heard that there were plenty of transport ships on the surface.

My guess is sikozu and the other guy found dargo still alive and took them with them on a trasport ship and got out of dodge, which would leave an opening for him to return. Notice his son didn't pick up d'argo's blade when chiana offered it to him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I read an short interview of Ben Browder and he said that this miniseries may lead to more Farscape.  He also said that one of the producers (Kemper?) was thinking about taking Farscape to the big screen.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking about this as I fell asleep yesterday.  The reason that all these are in play is that Farscape is really about living on the frontier.  Those things that you list aren't considered worthwhile in a domesticated (read - sheeplefied) situation like what most of the world has become.  It's only when people live or die by their own wits do values that you list become important.

Given that most of this dust ball has been "pacified" (for the most part) we aren't likely to see any resurgance of the values many of us here hold dear until humans start pushing outward.  If we don't kill ourselves in the meantime, we'll probably see another frontier when Mars starts to be colonized and especially when terriforming takes hold.  Until then humans will continue to become more insect like in their attitudes and behavior as we become more densely populated.

I agree.  The same goes for Firefly.  That also took place on the "frontier".
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd hit it for damn sure, she's pretty hot as the slutty alien.   Damn she moves around awfully suggestively.   Can anyone here honestly say they wouldnt hit it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#35]
My favorite quote from the series.  Was said in the episode "John Quixote".

Noranti:  "You're a warrior?"
Crichton:  "I'm not a warrior."
Noranti:  "You carry a weapon."
Crichton:  "Second Amendment."
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My favorite quote from the series.  Was said in the episode "John Quixote".

Noranti:  "You're a warrior?"
Crichton:  "I'm not a warrior."
Noranti:  "You carry a weapon."
Crichton:  "Second Amendment."

A HUGE +1 for that one.

The other one was when Sikozu came on board (the episode where we lost Zhaan) and she's bitching about everything that is going on, how terrible it is.

John:  "Welcome to the Starship SS Buttcrack" (while sticking his ass out at Sikozu and patting it).

I rolled off the couch in hysterics the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#37]
In case you missed it or just want to see it again, the Sci-fi Channel will be playing both parts of Farscape - The Peacekeeper Wars today at 3pm Eastern/2pm Central.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I watched about two hours of it... to the end.

I have never been able to get into the show on a regular basis... it's always been kind of weird... but I watched anyway. I wouldn't mind catching the full series someday...

Anyone care to discuss the show. I wouldn't mind having a few questions answered... like:

What's the deal with Stark (and after looking him up on IMDb I'm going to have to watch the Matrix again... he was one of the agents)? What were his powers? From what I gathered from the Peacekeeper Wars he could absorb people's powers or something... That's why he wears that mask? Why did he always act so weird?

I remember the Farscape action figure for Aeryn Sun being mutated? What was the deal with that?

So what the hell was Scorpius? A peacekeeper? A Scaran? A robot? I vaguely remember the episode where he somehow gets into Crichton's head, but I didn't really understand it. That scene where the guy ripped that thing out of his head was pretty cool...

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll take the easy one...
Scorpius is a Peacekeeper / Scaran hybred.

Quoted:

So what the hell was Scorpius? A peacekeeper? A Scaran? A robot? I vaguely remember the episode where he somehow gets into Crichton's head, but I didn't really understand it. That scene where the guy ripped that thing out of his head was pretty cool...

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Scorpius is a scaran/peacekeeper hybrid. He works for the peackeepers because he hates the Scarans. He was raised by the scarans for some purpose but i cant remember what off the top of my head. That thing in his head acts like a heat sink.

Stark has always been a bit insane. He was a prisoner of Scorpius and would pretend to enjoy being tortured so they would ignore him. One of his powers is when someone is dying he can "cross" them over whether that sends them to heaven or just eases their pain i dont know. But by doing so he absorbs their memories.

The mutated action figure of Aeryn comes from an episode where some mad dr type tried to mutate her into a Pilot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

As stated by someone else, scorpius is a sebacian (humanoid) and skaran hybrid. His mother was raped by skarans and he was the offspring. He was raised by them in a pretty brutal manner, so he hates them with a passion. The evolution of his character was actually very well done - at first he was a just a brutal SOB but you came to see the reasoning behind it.

The thing in his heads are cooling tubes. Skarans produce and crave heat, but it's the one weakness of sebacians. So he's constantly in a biological war with himself.

The thing in chricton's head is called 'harvey'. Initially there was a device implated in to chricton's brain by scorpius to track him and get to the wormhole technology. It was also there as a device to keep chricton alive to facilitate this. It was removed, but echos of of the device still existed in his brain.

I believe all episodes of farscape are available on DVD now, so it's pretty easy to catch up if you have the time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome.. thanks for clearing up those questions guys.

Oh yeah... what about that red head chick... the one that was practically raping Crichton. I think she died in the temple... What's her deal?

ETA: Do a search for Gigi Edgley on Yahoo! or Google images and you'll probably find the nude of her. I agree... she is better looking in make-up, as weird as that is.

Does anyone remember that show Lexx? Now that chic (actually both but I'm referring to the original)was smokin!! Another really weird Sci-Fi show though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I believe all episodes of farscape are available on DVD now, so it's pretty easy to catch up if you have the time.

Yes - all episodes are out on DVD
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Jool

Cool read... a good resource... thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
http://members.fortunecity.com/noops025/fcnoops_gigi_edgley.html

some noodie pics of Gigi.  Not much boobies but fun I bet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Incase anyone doesn't know who Gigi is this is her charachter....

This is her....

I would post the nude pictures and be an Arcom legend but I don't want to be banned....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I would post the nude pictures and be an Arcom legend but I don't want to be banned....

WOuld you get banned or would the thread just get locked?

You could always PS some pasties over her no-no places and post them that way...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#49]
1. Dont bash Gigi, i know her and she is a really cool person. Yes there are nude pictures, but they arent really porn... too tastful.

2. I cant believe its over =*(   *sniff*

3. my favorite quote from the mini-series is JUST before aryen gives birth when jhon hands her the knife "Right, we'll cut it out"

4. Dargo.... *sniff*

5. Finally got to see the damn wormhole weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top