Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2004 7:58:45 PM EDT
forget spiders, centipedes, scorpions, ants and silverfish. This is BY FAR a Spawn of SATAN!

I JUST emptied the kitchen trash a couple of days ago. I go to dump it today and there are a BUNCH of maggots crawling on it. I dragged that fucker outside and LIT THE TRASH CAN ON FIRE!! They are the MOST gross organisms on the face of this earth!!

1. How long does a fly egg take to hatch into DEMON bugs?
2. Why, when you set them on fire... they dont die immediately?

I mean... when you put a lighter to an ant... INSTANT DEATH! a Maggot, sits there and rolls over like Im scratching its back saying "oooh yeah... yeah right there OHHHHH! that feels good... I mean Im talking 10 seconds of inferno on them and NOTHING!

They are DISGUSTING!!! I hate them!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Right now with two of the kids sick and the wife as well I am scrubbing down an already clean kitchen....

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!! I have the heebie Jeebies!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
blast off and nuke it from orbit its the only way to be sure

or at least use tannerite and post pics
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
IM the same way. Just looking at them makes me feel all icky. I agree that they must be burned. Secure the area where you found them and make sure none escaped.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Maggots are making a comeback the western medical world as a excelent means to remove dead/decaying tissue from deep infected wounds.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So I take it then that you won't be ordering the rice tonight?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maggots are making a comeback the western medical world as a excelent means to remove dead/decaying tissue from deep infected wounds.

I've read about that, too.

Sometimes I think I would prefer death.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a maggot once, before I became a Marine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Evidently they work very very well.  They eat the crap, and leaves the healthy live tissue.  

Long live the Maggot!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Used to work in a fish plant,we had bins full of fish guts that would sit in the sun for days.They'ed have a good 25 lbs. of maggots in the bottom after the third day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Great. If I come down with diabetes and my foot becomes gangrenous, i will walk through a colony of them... Until then... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!

Oh and I saw that show too... I think it was on Discovery Health... they are starting to use bee stings, leeches and maggots for medicinal uses.

Hey, until I need them... I hate them. But if it means to save my life... slather those bugs on me!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was a maggot once, before I became a Marine.

Oh crap, how could I forget!

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny to think that doctors are implementing organisms like that, leeches, to help patients recover. Besides, I would rather have a maggot cleaning out my cut in the middle of Nowhere, instead of having a festering wound to keep me down. But, I agree, they are nasty fuckers...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Used to work in a fish plant,we had bins full of fish guts that would sit in the sun for days.They'ed have a good 25 lbs. of maggots in the bottom after the third day.

Oh, I worked at a restaurant and we used to save the fat trimmings for some guy that left us a 50 gallon barrel. He would pick it up and leave us a fresh one every 2 weeks. One HOT HUMID afternoon I go to the barrel to dump the fat in and there was (like you said) 25 pounds of maggots in there.

My boss tells me to go to the gas station next door and get a couple of gallons of gas. I do, we pour it in an light it up. Fat burns too ya know. What a mess.

When the guy came to pick up the full barrell, he gave us a HUGE WTF? We told him dont bother leaving us an empty barrel... we were DONE!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Man...when I was working as a transmission mechanic (long ago), I had to pull the tranny out of this farmers full sized F150 that had been sitting for over a month with the bed completely full of horse feed.
The bags had desintegrated, and the feed was just loose in there VERY infested with HORSE FLY MAGGOTS...They are the size of grub worms.
I had the truck up on the lift, and those fuckers were falling through holes in the bed, and crawling around on the shop floor.
Luckily, the work I had to do was mostly under the cab.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Them things dont die easy, other stuff like roaches and silverfish die quick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Funny to think that doctors are implementing organisms like that, leeches, to help patients recover. Besides, I would rather have a maggot cleaning out my cut in the middle of Nowhere, instead of having a festering wound to keep me down. But, I agree, they are nasty fuckers...

I've read somewhere about a mountain man back in the 1800's who got crossways with a bear (mauled fairly bad IIRC).  He survived & made a several days (weeks??) journey to the nearest settlement.  Maggots in his wounds from fighting the bear kept him from getting gangrene.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Man...when I was working as a transmission mechanic (long ago), I had to pull the tranny out of this farmers full sized F150 that had been sitting for over a month with the bed completely full of horse feed.
The bags had desintegrated, and the feed was just loose in there VERY infested with HORSE FLY MAGGOTS...They are the size of grub worms.
I had the truck up on the lift, and those fuckers were falling through holes in the bed, and crawling around on the shop floor.

I can top it... I CAN TOP IT!!!

Friend of mine who worked for Thermador told me once he opened up the console of an oven and saw a mouse lying there. It looked like it was still alive because its body was still moving.,,

If you can see where this is going... STOP READING!!!

He picks up the mouse by its tail and literally breaks in half with maggots falling all over the place.

THEN there was the time where a customer they smelled gas from their dryer... I walked in and thought... thats not gas... thats Death. I pull the dryer out from the wall and the maggots were crawling on the floor. I told the customer "Something is dead in your dryer" Customer said "Maggots arent the sign of that" I said to him "Sir, Maggots dont eat lint"

We open it up and there is a dead rat, wedged in the blower wheel. LOOOOOOOOOOOVELY!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, it is true...they help fend of infection in wounds, because they eat the dead tissue...and leave the healthy flesh alone.

You have not fully experienced life untill you have seen a live person, with maggots crawling on/in them.
(Care to ask me how I know?)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, it is true...they help fend of infection in wounds, because they eat the dead tissue...and leave the healthy flesh alone.

You have not fully experienced life untill you have seen a live person, with maggots crawling on/in them.
(Care to ask me how I know?)

Got pics?!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Gee,

Try cleaning maggots out of a foot wound--Auntie's foot started to smell, and she's kind of crazy, so since she refused to go to the hospital, we called the police and they called the ambulance.  

AFARR

PS--maggots die pretty quick when you pour hydrogen peroxide on them.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Maggots are excellent bait for Bluegill/Crappie/Pumpkinseed fish.

(I just thought that I'd throw that in. )
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Maggots are excellent bait for Bluegill/Crappie/Pumpkinseed fish.

(I just thought that I'd throw that in. )

+1
I'm Mexican and we're always looking for ways to skim off the top!  This one does work!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can top it... I CAN TOP IT!!!

Friend of mine who worked for Thermador told me once he opened up the console of an oven and saw a mouse lying there. It looked like it was still alive because its body was still moving.,,

If you can see where this is going... STOP READING!!!

He picks up the mouse by its tail and literally breaks in half with maggots falling all over the place.

THEN there was the time where a customer they smelled gas from their dryer... I walked in and thought... thats not gas... thats Death. I pull the dryer out from the wall and the maggots were crawling on the floor. I told the customer "Something is dead in your dryer" Customer said "Maggots arent the sign of that" I said to him "Sir, Maggots dont eat lint"

We open it up and there is a dead rat, wedged in the blower wheel. LOOOOOOOOOOOVELY!!

I can top that!

5 years ago I was working for an apartment complex and had to do a trash out on an evicted appartment. Well the scum hadnt paid his electric bill and it got shut off sometime before we kicked him out.  You figure 45-60 days to get an eviction, and then after that we didn't do anything with the stuff for another 30 days waiting for him to get his stuff.

You see where this is going?
I opened the freezer to clean it out into the garbage and just about lost it. He had some form of meat in there that was full of maggots. The damn freezer was litteraly half full of them.
I slammed the door closed and dragged the fridge out side. Then HOSED it out.  Shortly after that I quit so I never found out what my little water party did to the unit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read somewhere about a mountain man back in the 1800's who got crossways with a bear (mauled fairly bad IIRC).  He survived & made a several days (weeks??) journey to the nearest settlement.  Maggots in his wounds from fighting the bear kept him from getting gangrene.

Yep, that man's name was Hugh Glass.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Move to upstate NY, too cold for them to survive or for food to rot. Not much in the way of big snakes or bugs-just blizzards in  August...

I didnt miss the bugs when I was in NY, lots of them around here
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Change for a nickel?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't believe I come back hours later, and this damn maggot thread is still at the top!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I AM NOT !~~
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]

This is why I am a FANATIC about not allowing flies in my house.

If one gets in, I hunt it down and KILL IT.

It's also why taking the garbage out every day is a good idea.  (its a good thing)  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This is why I am a FANATIC about not allowing flies in my house.

If one gets in, I hunt it down and KILL IT.

It's also why taking the garbage out every day is a good idea.  (its a good thing)  

Zen

"This is my riflemaggot, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

Well I am now the fly hunter in this house. Flys I dont mind. I just wish they would make up their mind. Pick one... land either on my burrito or the steaming pile of dog shit outside... but NOT BOTH!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I AM NOT !~~

Dude! You and I NEED to talk here. If you have some sort of way to communicate with these things PLEASE ask them to leave my house... thanks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#33]
The mucus protects them from heat. The water evaporates and.. well, I don't need to tell you, you're a frige guy.

Brake cleaner and Berryman's B12 do burn extremely well. For future reference.

Edit: Fun fact; the pygmy tribes are reputed to hunt elephants, then remain for days after to consume the maggots that appear on the remains. Yum!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Edit: Fun fact; the pygmy tribes are reputed to hunt elephants, then remain for days after to consume the maggots that appear on the remains. Yum!

OH COME ON!!!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!

HEY!!! New fast food restaurant idea in those parts!! "Yesssss, Hey mon, welcome to McMaggots... wot can I be gettin' for ya mon?"
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The mucus protects them from heat. The water evaporates and.. well, I don't need to tell you, you're a frige guy.

Brake cleaner and Berryman's B12 do burn extremely well. For future reference.

Where are these "it takes a village" people... I want to slap them.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I occasionally see tiny looking worm things on my walls.  they are so small, brown and light color striped kind of like miniature caterpillars the size of a crumb.  they also dont seem to move at all but i know they do because they climb up the wall.  anyone know what these are?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I occasionally see tiny looking worm things on my walls.  they are so small, brown and light color striped kind of like miniature caterpillars the size of a crumb.  they also dont seem to move at all but i know they do because they climb up the wall.  anyone know what these are?

Ahh!! The dreaded (latin words)!!! They crawl into your ears and turn you into ZOMBIES!!!  

Please report to my house for target practice.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Do Not Click Me...!

Damn.  Just damn.  I can take alot, but that had me dry heaving.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sounds like something I used to fish with
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Do Not Click Me...!

That is juts NOT right!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do Not Click Me...!

That is juts NOT right!

Everyone was warned, I knew better.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do Not Click Me...!

That is juts NOT right!

Everyone was warned, I knew better.

Well it's just so much harder to resist when it says 'Don't Click Me'!!! It just makes me want to click it more!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, I can stomach most images that people post here.  Even the Chechen terrorist cutting off that guys head wasn't as f*cked up as this shit.  That is by far the most heinous, disturbing repugnant shit I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Do Not Click Me...!

ITS A TRAP
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Cue....Ackbar.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#46]
August....lots of rain....high humidity....90 deg. heat....2 dead holstein calves ( still-born, about 75 pounds each ) that was "forgoten about" for 10 days next to a corn field.

My job? Bury them with a shovel. Nothing but rotten meat, bone, fur, and ALOT of "you know what".

That was about 15 years ago.

I can still smell it today, if the weather is right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Move to upstate NY, too cold for them to survive or for food to rot. Not much in the way of big snakes or bugs-just blizzards in  August...

Not true,  we had maggots in Finland that we used for ice fishing.  They are dyed pink so they stand out better or something.  The old timers put them in their lip like tobacco to keep em warm so they are feisty.

I put one in my lip as part of a bet once.  it lasted there about  1/100000000000000 th of a second before I spit it out.  I did get my 20 marks (five bucks) out of it though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Evidently they work very very well.  They eat the crap, and leaves the healthy live tissue.  

Long live the Maggot!!

Yup...scary ain't it?  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#49]
You should see em on a dead body a month old.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Well it's just so much harder to resist when it says 'Don't Click Me'!!! It just makes me want to click it more!

ok, so should I put a big dont open me sign on your math book?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top