BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 5:52:40 PM EDT
specifically the rear butt part?????
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Whats wrong with it?  It's adjustable for pad and cheekpiece height.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
you see any advantages over a barrett single shot?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you see any advantages over a barrett single shot?

I've not fired a single shot Barret only a M82 and that was a very long time ago.  The AR50 is very comfortable to shoot and recoils much like a muzzleloader to me just with a little more travel in the recoil is a slow heavy push.  Not a brisk recoil like a large magnum rifle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/faceless.jpg

Dude, I saw this in a movie once....

You had better get your mom and dad to hook up quick before you are completely erased from exsistance!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/faceless.jpg

Dude, I saw this in a movie once....

You had better get your mom and dad to hook up quick before you are completely erased from exsistance!!

Thats my wife pictured with her AR50, she didn't want me to post it to be photoshopped.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
you should never put your head that close to a muzzle.

thats what happens.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Any complaints on the ar50??? I think I'm picking the one up from the EE.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The "Flux Capacitor!"
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:11:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I didnt care the the cheekpiece, I had a hard time getting a good view out the scope unless I put it low, and then the bolt wouldnt come back.

I like the Barrett style more myself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Any complaints on the ar50??? I think I'm picking the one up from the EE.  

I've had mine for a bit over 4 years and still love it. The only down side to the AR50 is its size and weight.

Quoted:
I didnt care the the cheekpiece, I had a hard time getting a good view out the scope unless I put it low, and then the bolt wouldnt come back.

Higher rings solves this problem easily.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
gotm4,

What scope/rings/base are you using on the AR?

I'll probably be getting one in a few weeks to beat the PRK ban and give a big fat "FU" to Arnold for passing it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Higher rings solves this problem easily.

I did get higher rings for it, then ended up selling it the next day, having shot both I perfer the Barrett and would get it if I decide to get another.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
gotm4,

What scope/rings/base are you using on the AR?

I'll probably be getting one in a few weeks to beat the PRK ban and give a big fat "FU" to Arnold for passing it.

Nightforce NXS 12x-42x 56mm scope with Nightforce medium rings.  Armalite 15 degree mount.  I wanted the scope as low as possible.  because my wife is very petite (5ft even)  I had to modify the cheekpiece a little to get it lower without the bolt running into it.  Wasn't that hard though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#14]
The way the stocks cheekpiece and buttplate are adjustable, its easy to get it to fit just about anyone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I have not shot it yet, but my AR50 came with a small blotch over the chamber that looks like it was painted over.  Is this standard marking from test firing?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The way the stocks cheekpiece and buttplate are adjustable, its easy to get it to fit just about anyone.

The cheekpiece can't be adjusted for a left-handed shooter.  

That problem inspired me to dispense with the buttstock and mount the rifle on an MG-42 tripod.

I sleep better at night knowing there's a milling machine in the garage.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
hahahahahahah
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#18]
they do make a left handed model, but i shoot my right handed varient off my left shoulder all the time with no problem. Its a great design.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have not shot it yet, but my AR50 came with a small blotch over the chamber that looks like it was painted over.  Is this standard marking from test firing?

Are you referring to the discoloration you can see on my rifle?  The letter "A" is right in the middle of it.

I believe that's an artifact of the heat-treatment of the receiver.  The metal is harder (I think) than the rest of the receiver, so it takes the Parkerizing differently.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The cheekpiece can't be adjusted for a left-handed shooter.  

That problem inspired me to dispense with the buttstock and mount the rifle on an MG-42 tripod.

members.cox.net/southparkmilitia/images/guns/AR-50_+_CA_Kid.jpg

I sleep better at night knowing there's a milling machine in the garage.

NICE.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top