Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 7:44:29 AM EDT
Well i found some REALLY good prices on them, and ive always wanted one.

M9 - 269$
S9 - 289$

What is the normal price on these at around 360 to 400 and i was wondering if there are any major beefs with them?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
M9 & M40, to me, are the most ergonomic  shooting platforms.  They are the best handguns that I have ever owned.

I never had a malfunction with either or a broken gun.

Parts are the bitch.  I forget who is the US rep now but getting replacement parts can be a hassle.

On another forum site, I recall a guy calling Steyr overseas to get 1 part and they sent him 2 of everything(repair parts) because they felt they screwed him by not having a distibutor in the states at the time.

That being said.....You can find them for under $300,,,,,,wouldnt pay more.  Not because of the quality but the lack of support.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
At one-time Gun South was handling the Steyrs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
that a great price, I just check with my perferred dealer and the S9 is 329 the M9 is 307.

I have both the M9 and M40 I have yet had any probems with FTF FTE, cycles winchester 115FMJ all day long, its IMO the best value 9mm semi out there. I think the reason why your seeing them soooo cheap is they released the new M9 and 40 and they are selling off old models at close to cost..

buy one you'll see what I mean. I think Im going to order up the S9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top