BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 7:19:54 PM EDT
Interesting point of view found on Newsmax.com:

Kerry's Mother and Her Odd Final Words
Mike Thompson
Friday, Oct. 15, 2004
Asked by third presidential debate moderator Bob Shieffer to describe the influence of his wife and two daughters on his life, Democrat John Forbes Kerry responded:

"... if I could just say a word about a woman that you didn't ask about, but my mom passed away a couple of years ago, just before I was deciding to run. And she was in the hospital, and I went in to talk to her and tell her what I was thinking of doing. And she looked at me from her hospital bed and she just looked at me and she said, 'Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity.' Those are the three words that she left me with."

My mother died 25 years ago, when I also was a mature man, albeit only 39.
It was just after 3 a.m. when I arrived at her home, urgently called there in the middle of a rainy Miami night by her live-in, full-time nurse. Mama was sitting on the edge of her death-bed, grasping at the last thread of life that cancer had left in her riddled body, her palms-down hands braced on the mattress and her feet dangling limply to the floor.

I sat down next to her, wrapped my arms around her waist, and began kissing her sweaty head, now cradled on my right shoulder. A glib young man with a quip for any occasion, I was speechless – mute testimony to the precipitous loss of my mother that was unfolding rapidly.

Marshaling just enough strength to speak, she whispered to me, "Michael, I love you so much," then died.

In listening to Senator Kerry as he recalled his mother's final words, I was shocked by their oddity, and also burdened with this profoundly frightening question:

Why would any mother use her last breath to lecture her 58-year-old son to be honest?

From my point of view--his mother was right!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Ol' Johnny boy sure has let his mamma down, huh?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn good observation. I'll be passing that along.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he is lying even when it comes to his mother.  her last words were probably, "Die motherfucker Die"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like she knew him well to think he needed that advice!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
She was probably concerned about those 3 purple hearts he put in for.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
notice how he dodged the question, as usual.

I bet his 'loving wife'  () it a bit po'd at this pos for not even appreciating her when asked in public.

politics aside, I DO NOT see what the fuck people see in him.

on a simillar side note; I was heart broken today to learn that Jennifer love-hewlet (sp?) is a skerry supporter

(today, via a live interview on the Uncle Nasty Show, KBPI 106.7, denver)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Kerry is a nice guy, he administered CPR to his kid's hamster, remember?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
So JFK the Lesser is really 64 years of age?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top