Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:11:04 AM EDT
My nephew in the St.Louis area is trying to find a GOOD loving home for two Blue & Gold Macaws, one is 8 y.o., the other is abt. 12 y.o., actually young birds ! they can not be separated, if interested contact me for details.

Thank you...!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
8 & 12?

That meat gots to be tough as hell by now!

I'll pass.....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
its amazing what they can do with surgery nowadays- seperation should be easy!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
If I was in St. L those birds would be MINE! Drats...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
8 & 12?

That meat gots to be tough as hell by now!

I'll pass.....

SGtar15

mmmmmm.... Macaw....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#6]
under glass?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I was in St. L those birds would be MINE! Drats...

+1 Will he ship if i pay?

mike

YES !!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#8]
make sure you bubble wrap them good
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Have ethem sent to Gunstock....

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#12]

PULL!!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
PULL!!

thats cruel...!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Those silly birds will probally live longer than you.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Couple of questions

How long do these things live? up to 150 years !

Are they fairly tamed birds? don't know !

Are they Healthy? as near as i know

Why does he want to get rid of them? they are not his, he is a veternary asst. & was asked by a customer to find a good home for them

Is the cages included? don't know, most likely yes

How much to ship them? don'thave any idea !

if you are interested, i'll give you the phone# & you can go from there.., OK ?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#17]
He should see if the local zoo wants them.  I have a 5 y/o Blue and Gold Macaw.  Great bird.  Problem is, if those two are kept together they are probably bonded to each other which 9 times out of 10 would make me a little leary to handle them.  You want the bird to bond with you, not to another bird.  I don't want to take the chance of a bird that can bust walnuts open with his beak, biting me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Does it include cage and all? How soon do they need them gone?  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Sent ya an IM.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#20]
whats a Macaw?

are they ill tempered?

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
whats a Macaw?

are they ill tempered?

A big colorful Parrot.  They can be meaner than hell, especially if it is a breeding pair.  You will find a lot of times that some parrots will be ok with people of one sex but absolutely hate the other.  Mine will not let the wife or kids(girls) get near it but he will let my friend(male) hold him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder what wine goes best with Macaw......
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#24]

The Dead Parrot Sketch
---------------------------
Praline: Hello, I wish to register a complaint . . . Hello? Miss?
Shopkeeper: What do you mean, miss?

Praline: Oh, I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint.

Shopkeeper: Sorry, we're closing for lunch.

Praline: Never mind that my lad, I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Shopkeeper: Oh yes, the Norwegian Blue. What's wrong with it?

Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it.

Shopkeeper: No, no it's resting, look!

Praline: Look my lad, I know a dead parrot when I see one and I'm looking at one right now.

Shopkeeper: No, no sir, it's not dead. It's resting.

Praline: Resting?

Shopkeeper: Yeah, remarkable bird the Norwegian Blue, beautiful plumage, innit?

Praline: The plumage don't enter into it -- it's stone dead.

Shopkeeper: No, no -- it's just resting.

Praline: All right then, if it's resting I'll wake it up. (shouts into cage) Hello Polly! I've got a nice cuttlefish for you when you wake up, Polly Parrot!

Shopkeeper: (jogging cage) There it moved.

Praline: No he didn't. That was you pushing the cage.

Shopkeeper: I did not.

Praline: Yes, you did. (takes parrot out of cage, shouts) Hello Polly, Polly (bangs it against counter) Polly Parrot, wake up. Polly. (throws it in the air and lets it fall to the floor) Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

Shopkeeper: No, no it's stunned.

Praline: Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased. And when I bought it not half an hour ago, you assured me that its lack of movement was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

Shopkeeper: It's probably pining for the fjords.

Praline: Pining for the fjords, what kind of talk is that? Look, why did it fall flat on its back the moment I got it home?

Shopkeeper: The Norwegian Blue prefers kipping on its back. Beautiful bird, lovely plumage.

Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot, and I discovered that the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been nailed there.

Shopkeeper: Well of course it was nailed there. Otherwise it would muscle up to those bars and voom.

Praline: Look matey (picks up parrot) this parrot wouldn't voom if I put four thousand volts through it. It's bleeding demised.

Shopkeeper: It's not, it's pining.

Praline: It's not pining, it's passed on. This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot.

Shopkeeper: Well, I'd better replace it then.

Praline: (to camera) If you want to get anything done in this country you've got to complain till you're blue in the mouth.

Shopkeeper: Sorry guv, we're right out of parrots.

Praline: I see. I see. I get the picture.

Shopkeeper: I've got a slug.

Praline: Does it talk?

Shopkeeper: Not really, no.

Praline: Well, it's scarcely a replacement, then is it?

Shopkeeper: Listen, I'll tell you what, (handing over a card) tell you what, if you go to my brother's pet shop in Bolton he'll replace your parrot for you.

Praline: Bolton eh?

Shopkeeper: Yeah.

Praline: All right. He leaves, holding the parrot.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The Dead Parrot Sketch

Praline: Never mind that my lad, I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it.

Praline: Look my lad, I know a dead parrot when I see one and I'm looking at one right now.

Praline: All right then, if it's resting I'll wake it up. (shouts into cage) Hello Polly! I've got a nice cuttlefish for you when you wake up, Polly Parrot!

Praline: Yes, you did. (takes parrot out of cage, shouts) Hello Polly, Polly (bangs it against counter) Polly Parrot, wake up. Polly. (throws it in the air and lets it fall to the floor) Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

Praline: Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased. And when I bought it not half an hour ago, you assured me that its lack of movement was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

Praline: Pining for the fjords, what kind of talk is that? Look, why did it fall flat on its back the moment I got it home?

Shopkeeper: The Norwegian Blue prefers kipping on its back. Beautiful bird, lovely plumage.

Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot, and I discovered that the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been nailed there.

Shopkeeper: Well of course it was nailed there. Otherwise it would muscle up to those bars and voom.

Praline: Look matey (picks up parrot) this parrot wouldn't voom if I put four thousand volts through it. It's bleeding demised.

Praline: It's not pining, it's passed on. This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot.

Praline: (to camera) If you want to get anything done in this country you've got to complain till you're blue in the mouth.

Shopkeeper: Listen, I'll tell you what, (handing over a card) tell you what, if you go to my brother's pet shop in Bolton he'll replace your parrot for you.

My Daughter LOVES that skit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The Dead Parrot Sketch

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
www.casacanada.net/images/macaw.jpg

is that your bird ??

mine is a Military Macaw, gentle, loving & fairly quiet for a Macaw.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
whats a Macaw?

are they ill tempered?

Scottish Crow?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.casacanada.net/images/macaw.jpg

is that your bird ??

mine is a Military Macaw, gentle, loving & fairly quiet for a Macaw.

not mine just posted a pic when somone ask what it was.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Here is mine--Nicky is 20 years old, should have another 60 good years at least left in him..

They tend to bond quickly and strongly with a caring owner. We made sure he spends time with both my wife and I, as they can tend to bond strongly with one and not the other--and a lot of birds are "gotten rid of" because the bird doesn't get along with a spouse or other family members....they take a tremendous commitment, and they are really a part of the family--Nicky eats dinner with us and guests always trip when they see that....Nicky has tremendous character, and is a little smartass sometimes too.

I too am wondering if they are a breeding pair, or if not if they were abused (in which case they can be a handful to get them to trust humans again)--if they came from a good home, then someone will be very lucky to have them.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Couple of questions

How long do these things live?
Are they fairly tamed birds?
Are they Healthy?
Why does he want to get rid of them?
Is the cages included?
How much to ship them?

They can live to 85 years and some live a bit more...You'll want to take them to a vet for a full exam and fecal swab (test for their general health and indicate problems that may exist)..Expect to spend $400-600 depending upon the vet and tests they run. Hopefully they have one large cage--and that'll be a daily cleaning job. Expect to spend at least 4 hours daily playing with them and letting them "run around" a little. Also the trip to the vet or someone to have beak and nails (wings clipped for some--my B&G is flighted and has never been clipped) trimmed--ensure that they use a dremel for trimming--if they don't--don't ever go to them--find another. And toys--they chew up $10 chunks of wood FAST!
They are loud sometimes--it's part of their nature, no doubt about it. One warning however--exercise care if you use teflon pans for cooking--teflon outgassing during the higher heat portions of cooking really affects birds--it has been shown to kill many of them. Only cast iron is really used at my house.
If you have any questions TBS, IM me, I'll be glad to help.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a small parrot.  They are a lot of fun.  All it take is a lot of persistance, and you can gain their trust.  Worked on my parrot, and a couple of my bosses' birds.  (An African Grey, a Redtail Hawk, and a Great Horned Owl)

If I wasn't in college I would be all over this.  
I might know somone who would tho.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top