Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:22:22 AM EDT
A number of the questions were OK, but a few of them.....

Bush questions -

Prez Bush, why did you not reauthorize the AWB, thereby  endangering thousands of police officers and millions of children?

Kerry questions -

Senator Kerry, how bad do you think Bush screwed up on A B and C as well as X Y and Z?

Am I overstating it???

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah......
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah......

Yeah WHAT????????

Thanks for the bump AND NON-answer.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that the question was valid and I thought that Bush answered it very well. Remember he has to play to both sides, but he did it in such a way that he made it clear that the criminal is responsible and not the gun. He said we need to be tougher on criminals , not pass more restrictive gun laws.

Kerry on the other hand, stated when he gets in he will definitely ban them.

I see a clear difference. The debate was not the time to argue NRA points. I thought it went well.

I thought the moderator was pretty fair and he even threw Kerry a few fastballs. Other than the actual debate format leaning in favor of Kerry before the debate even began, Bush did as well as he could do, and in my opinion, actually won the debate last night.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah......

Yeah WHAT????????

Thanks for the bump AND NON-answer.

All of the questions in all of the debates have been slanted. "President Bush: What were three things you did wrongs and what would you do to fix them?" Tell me that isn't slated for the last question.

Is that what you want?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the deabate is always going to slanted towards the challenger. He can armchair quarterbackk all the incumbants actions and decisions and keep the incumbant on the defensive without really stating anything of substance. Kerry does and excellent job of this.

Kerry's whole point of the debate is basically "Bush sucks and I can do better because I have a plan." He does have to justify anything.

Bush has defend why he did what he did for the last three and a half years while Kerry can just repeat how wrong Bush was like a parrot and offer no rebuttals.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i felt the same way on a few of them. But kerry did have a couple of tough ones as well.

I came in abut 1/2 through the debate. I didn't think bush did that well. Not bad just not a great performance. Everytime a social issue was asked he kept going back to the "No child left behind act". Don't feel like he ever really gave a straight answer on those. He did throw a few issue back in kerry's face. I was happy to see that. Just wish he had been MUCH more aggressive.

If i didn't KNOW most of kerry's answers were blatant lies i'd say kerry mopped the floor with him.

jmho

mike

It is hard to debate someone who is for every group except the "Richest 1%" and "Assault Weapon" owners.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Exactly. Bush stated his position and said why you should vote for him. He told you who he is. Kerry was just an attack dog, and only said why you should vote against bush. Never talked about who he is, why he is qualified. Statistically domestic issues are not a republican strongpoint. We all know this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

All of the questions in all of the debates have been slanted. "President Bush: What were three things you did wrongs and what would you do to fix them?" Tell me that isn't slated for the last question.

Is that what you want?

YES.

I thought that last ? SHOULD have FORCED Kerry not just to pile on Bush but to specify HIS OWN mistakes.

That was perhaps the MOST biased ? ever.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes.  The debate questions were most certainly biased.  Remember this ladies and germs...Bob Shieffer works for CBS.  His boss is none other than Dan Rather.  There is NO love lost between Rather and the Bush family.  This vendetta goes back decades...and Rather is a FLAMING lib besides.

All things considered, Bush did well.  He and his staff knew he was in deep against not only Kerry but the media and the crowd too.  University as a venue?!!!  Did anyone else note that Kerry hung around for the rabid screams and accolades of the assembled profs, students and their families at the debates?   Liberal assholes!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes.  The debate questions were most certainly biased.  Remember this ladies and germs...Bob Shieffer works for CBS.  His boss is none other than Dan Rather.  There is NO love lost between Rather and the Bush family.  This vendetta goes back decades...and Rather is a FLAMING lib besides.

All things considered, Bush did well.  He and his staff knew he was in deep against not only Kerry but the media and the crowd too.  University as a venue?!!!  Did anyone else note that Kerry hung around for the rabid screams and accolades of the assembled profs, students and their families at the debates?   Liberal assholes!

I thought the president did a good job.  Education is one of the most important keys to progress.  Overall I would say he won.  

Kerry sunk himself when he said that he thought they had all "married up", and nobody laughed but him.  That was devestating, and I honestly felt bad for him.  He did do a nice job on closing remarks though.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top