Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:11:12 PM EDT
Today we had some jerkoff come in and try and bill parts to one of our accounts. He made the mistake of trying to get this past Marty, who has been with the company for 900 years. He knows when shit isn't right. So basically Marty asked us if this assclown worked for the tire shop he was trying to bill it to, and we didn't know so we called them. They said hold him there they're calling the cops and they will be down ASAP to have this asshole arrested. Cops show up, a representitive from the tireshop shows up and they all have a big talk. The guy was arrested on some fraud charge and put in the back of the police car. The cop, being the nice guy that he was, offered to roll the windows up on the car the perp drove in so it didn't sit in the parking lot for a few days and get screwed with. Cop hops in the car, rolls the windows up and guess what? Found a bag FULL of receipts PROVING this guy had done it several times before, and with several other parts suppliers SITTING ON THE PASSENGER SEAT! So now the guy is going bye bye for even longer. This shit made my day.  I took plenty of pics but will just put links because they're huge.

www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20218.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20219.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20220.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20221.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20222.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20223.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20224.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20225.jpg
www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/userfiles/blue84s10/bike%20226.jpg

Lambchops if you're reading this, you missed out on one great day of work.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The first two pictures are of Marty, while on the phone with the cops. The second two are of the cop, the tire guy, and the perp. the rest are of the perp and the cop.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
why do the pics say 2003. .01 .01  

ETA: fer got to say GJ on nailing the perp!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
so in regards to pic number 4, can you hook me up with a discount on some Eibach springs for a 1992 BMW 525I dohc? huh huh buddy ole pal?

BTW, nice job on nailing the jerkoff
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
If you let your camera battery go dead, usually it will revert to 01/01/year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
why do the pics say 2003. .01 .01  

ETA: fer got to say GJ on nailing the perp!

I've never set the date on it and change the batteries like once a week.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good catch.  Hope that assclown stays in jail for more than two days.

Before the cop found all of the receipts in the car he said he'd be in until at least Saturday. Now with more evidence against him, we don't know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you let your camera battery go dead, usually it will revert to 01/01/year of manufacture.

Makes sense to me.
Was just curious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Why does all of the cool shit happen on my days off! Was that fowlers truck there? Mabey they will finally give marty a raise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before the cop found all of the receipts in the car he said he'd be in until at least Saturday. Now with more evidence against him, we don't know.

Dollar amount & location is key...

Once it gets high enough, or if it crosses state lines, it becomes a felony and/or federal case....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I would prefer him released and working to pay back his debt since it was a non violent crime. Why the fuck should he steal more money from the tax payer now. Put him on a fixed income give him an amount of time to get the money, if he dosent have it by then 2 days in a dark jail cell by himself. Repeat. Still dosent have it 4 days in the dark cell alone.

Still dosent have it make him work it off with the city.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, you guys in Concord?  Good catch!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Theree a corellation between that LOOONG "skid" mark in the one photo and one of your customers or did it just magically appear??
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:42:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like San Ramon.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Bookhound:
When the Muslims cut off a right hand, they expect the person to die of starvation.
They eat from communal food bowls, everyone reaches in with their right hand to scoop out food.  The left hand is used to wipe your ass.  If you dont have a right hand, you cant eat thus someone has to feed you.  Thats just a little harsh in my book.  

I say make him wear a sandwich board saying "I am a thief and stole from this establishment" for three weeks outside of each of the stores he swindled.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]
The cops hauled his car off today and found a pipe and some other stuff in his car. He ALSO had someone elses registration stickers on his license plates. I gave my name and number to the tow truck driver, I want to buy it if it goes into lien. In the first 2 pics look at the clock on the wall.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Good Job.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]

I call BS, no way Marty is 900 years old!!

way to go!! buy that man a beer!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By BookHound

I understand your point.  I could see if the guy was a deadbeat dad not paying his child support, leaving him out of the pokey is best.  Otherwise, as you point out, he has no way of paying the money.

But a thief?  The ONLY thing the arabs do right is hand out SEVERE punishment for crimes.  Now I'm not saying cut the guy's hand off, but I think if the MINIMUM punishment for ANY theft was a couple years in jail, I think there would be a lot less theft.  Oh, and my definition of "jail" is not sitting around in some cell smoking cigarettes watching HBO.  I think all jail time should include some hard labor.  Make them work IN JAIL to earn money to pay off the debt!  

If someone stole $10K cash from me, I'd rather see them rot in a cell for YEARS instead of pay me back.  Asking a thief to pay someone back is like telling him "go steal something else to payoff this guy that busted ya."

Just my opinion.  I'd love to hear other thoughts.  

Actually, my thought is that jail is quite effective, PARTICULARLY in child support cases. It is amazing how fast a jobless guy in rags can produce 13k when a judge says "you'll sit there until you come up with the cash"  I truly am shocked at the sums of money that some people can produce when it comes to staying in jail until they produce it.

If you let the guy out to go find a job on his own, it's just as likely he'll sell drugs or stolen property to get the money as he will get an honest job, imo. Hell, more likely than either of those, he may just skip...seeya!

Lastly, I assume you're talking about prison...most jails I have seen don't even have tv...most inmates in jail, as opposed to prison will be there for short periods...once they have a year or more to serve they, generally speaking, go to the state DOC (prison). This may vary by jurisdiction of course.

Jails often tend to have fewer resources and less ability to house large numbers of prisoners (so prisoners may wait in a holding tank 5 and 6 to a room for a few days before even seeing a bed, much less a tv). Most prisoners (in prison) DO have to work but that money goes back to the state to help keep the prisons open, not to victims. Our county jail employs prisoners for pennies washing County squad cars and painting curbs and picking up trash but once again, the benefit all accrues to the county, not the victims.

The court can and should order restitution in addition to any other punishment...of course, the problem is enforcing that restitution when the guy skips out. State's attorneys and Deputies in this area are often too busy for what they consider to be less important work
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#21]
sweet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top