Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 12:30:30 PM EDT
Someone hit a cat in the street in front of my house.
The person who hit the cat killed it.
He stopped and picked up the cat and deposited it on my front yard (city property actually) next to the fire hydrant and left a note.

I have had 7 people stop by my house, knock on the door and tell me my cat was hit and is dead laying next to the fire hydrant.  

After the first person told me I called up animal control and they said they would be out to pick it up sometime today.

After the third person knocked on my door I posted a note on the door saying that I know there is a dead cat in my yard and no it's not mine and yea, I have contacted animal control.

After the second person ignored my note and knocked on my door I posted a sign on the hydrant that said "this cat dos not belong to me, it is only laying in my yard".

I got two more people knocking on my door about this dead cat.
One was from my "new" neighbor who said I was insensitive.
I told her that she was more than welcome to remove the cat to her property.
She got pissed and left.

The other was from a hippy couple that was out walking their dog (without a leash).
The guy apologized to me about his dog.
I looked at him like he was three different shades of stupid.
He explained to me that his dog had found my dead cat and had grabbed it and ran off with it and that it was in my neighbors yard (the bitch who complained).  
He asked me if I wanted it moved back into my yard.

Animal control showed up to pick up the cat, I had to tell them where it was.
The animal control officer told the hippy couple that city law required them to have their dog on a leash and that if they didn't have one he was going to write them a citation.
His wife/partner bitched about him not having the dog on a leash in the first place....

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Very funny.  My faith in humanity just slipped a few more notches.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't...resist...posting....

Ahhhhhh.  That's better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a knock at your door.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That's crazy.  Did this happen before or after Sarge posted his "I'll be back" thread?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's a knock at your door.

Uh... Dude?  I think your cat has crossed over the rainbow bridge.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
<---biting tongue.

<---laughing uncontrollably, but y'all already knew that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Way before.
The cat was already in rigger mortis.

Quoted:
That's crazy.  Did this happen before or after Sarge posted his "I'll be back" thread?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
what kind of car does the sarge own anyways???
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
KA3B, ummmmm I'm sorry to tell you this but your cat is dead, It's lying by the fire hydrant. I think it got hit by a car.

Sorry dude,

COZ
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Bastage!!

Quoted:
KA3B, ummmmm I'm sorry to tell you this but your cat is dead, It's lying by the fire hydrant. I think it got hit by a car.

Sorry dude,

COZ

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The other was from a hippy couple that was out walking their dog (without a leash).
The guy apologized to me about his dog.
I looked at him like he was three different shades of stupid.
He explained to me that his dog had found my dead cat and had grabbed it and ran off with it and that it was in my neighbors yard (the bitch who complained).  
He asked me if I wanted it moved back into my yard.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
You should have taken a poll and seen how many of the idiots were voting for Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Stupid people are everywhere aren't they
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
You should have posted pics!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Know anybody with a  big boa constrictor ???
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Your cat story was funny but not as funny as the Free Cat sign
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think there both really funny.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The first thing I thought when I saw the thred title was where is Sarge at and does he have an alibi?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#21]
As soon as I saw the dead cat that free cat sign came to mind.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#22]
you should have thrown in into the garbage.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
you should have thrown in into the garbage.  

I would have just kicked it back into the street.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I love that pick. For some reason, my wife hates it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#25]
That's funny. I would have just threw it over the fence in the ghetto apartments next door.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#26]
someone found a dead cat near the wooded area behind the vet clinic i used to work at.  i had to go out and pull it off the ground (it's head was frozen to the earth).  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Don't your street have sewers ???
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry to hear about your CAT
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]
No sewers that I can get to. I am not lifting up a 200 lb manhole cover just to dump a cat into.

I called animal control since "by law" cats are supposed to have tags or ID implants within the city limits.
That's what animal control gets paid to do, haul off dead animals.

Quoted:

Don't your street have sewers ???

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I resisted this thread thinking that it could not possibly hold anything for me... once again, I am proven wrong
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Why didn't you just bury the damn cat instead of wasting tax payers dollars?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#32]

It may have still been cookable
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't believe that we have people here that rely on the gov to take care of stupid dead cat.  Give me a break!!  Throw it in the ditch or the trash, throw it back in the street, tie it to your bumper and go for a drive, whatever.  Really, I knew it was bad, but if we can't even get people to ween themselves from gov dependence in the realm of dead cat disposal, then this country is sunk.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Something sad about dead pussy....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Way before.
The cat was already in rigger mortis.

Quoted:

The cat was packing parachutes?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]

"this cat dos not belong to me, it is only laying in my yard".

Then did they ask you about your grammar

Sorry.. I had to
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Too late for you ............... but

NEXT TIME
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I can't believe that we have people here that rely on the gov to take care of stupid dead cat.  Give me a break!!  Throw it in the ditch or the trash, throw it back in the street, tie it to your bumper and go for a drive, whatever.  Really, I knew it was bad, but if we can't even get people to ween themselves from gov dependence in the realm of dead cat disposal, then this country is sunk.

Remember that when you're out sleuthing your own burglaries and shit. Seriously though, lighten up. It's intended to be a funny story, and it is. What's he going to prove by "handling his own dead cat"? Animal control already exists, it's not like he got a whole new agency funded or some shit. You wanna complain about the DEA or BATF or some other frivolous agency great, I'll probably even agree with you. It's fucking animal control dude, don't head up to the bell tower yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#39]
What the rosebud you rosebud.

What if there is no ditch by my house you rosebud rosebud?

What if I don't want to toss it in my trash and have it stinking up the can for the next 6 days because trash pick-up day is on Wed you rosebud rosebud?

What if I don't want to toss it in the street because I have a little pride in my neighborhood and I don't take kindly to trailer trash rosebud rosebud like you trashing up my neighborhood, why should I stoop to your level.

What if the FUCKING CITY ALREADY TAXES ME FOR ANIMAL CONTROL and it's the FUCKING JOB OF ANIMAL CONTROLTO REMOVE DEAD ANIMALS from city property.

Why don't you just go rosebud yourself rosebud.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Because I already pay for animal control to remove dead animals from city property.
It's their job.

And because on the off chance that the owner of the cat MIGHT of had an ID chip implant in it, then animal control can read it, contact the owners and let them know that they were stupid and let their cat roam the neighborhood and it was hit by a car and killed.

Where in the fuck am I going to bury the fucking cat anyways? In my yard? It's not my fucking cat.
I am going to toss it in my truck and drive to the boonies to bury it? Fuck that.

Tell you what, give me your address and I'll mail you the next dead cat I find to YOU can bury it.

Quoted:

SGatr15

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Street pizza?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

SGatr15

We all thought you might like some more skeet targets.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
What the rosebud you rosebud.

What if there is no ditch by my house you rosebud rosebud?

What if I don't want to toss it in my trash and have it stinking up the can for the next 6 days because trash pick-up day is on Wed you rosebud rosebud?

What if I don't want to toss it in the street because I have a little pride in my neighborhood and I don't take kindly to trailer trash rosebud rosebud like you trashing up my neighborhood, why should I stoop to your level.

What if the FUCKING CITY ALREADY TAXES ME FOR ANIMAL CONTROL and it's the FUCKING JOB OF ANIMAL CONTROLTO REMOVE DEAD ANIMALS from city property.

Why don't you just go rosebud yourself rosebud.

Quoted:

\

from now on that is my cuss word here -- rosebud ---
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top