~ John Kerry,
October, 2003.

"When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down."
~ John Kerry's,
official election webpage.

"I will cut middle class taxes."
~ John Kerry,
July, 2004.

"Our middle-class tax cut will help working people afford college and pay for health care and make ends meet,"
~ John Kerry,
March, 2004.

It's like deja vu all over again....

BILL CLINTON TRYING TO BECOME PRESIDENT:

"...I've offered a comprehensive plan to get our economy moving again. It starts with a tax cut for the middle class and asks the rich to pay their fair share again."
~ Candidate Bill Clinton,
in his first campaign ad, January 1992.

"I want to make it very clear that this middle-class tax cut, in my view, is central to any attempt we're going to make to have a short-term economic strategy."
January 1992.

I'm not going to raise taxes on the middle class."
July, 1992.

"We will lower the tax burden on middle class Americans by asking the very wealthy to pay their fair share. Middle class taxpayers will have a choice between a children's tax credit or a significant reduction in their income tax rate."
September 1992.

"I will not raise taxes on the middle class to pay for these programs. If the money does not come in there to pay for these programs, we will cut other government spending or we will slow down the phase-in of these programs. I am not gonna raise taxes on the middle class to pay for these programs."
October, 1992.

"The real mistake he [President Bush] made was the 'read my lips' promise in the first place. You just can't promise something like that just to get elected if you know there's a good chance that circumstances may overtake you."
October 1992.

BILL CLINTON AFTER WINNING THE ELECTION:

"From New Hampshire forward, for reasons that absolutely mystify me, the press thought the most important issue in the race was the middle class tax cut. I never did meet any voter who thought that."
~ President-elect Bill Clinton,
January 14, 1993 - six days before his inauguration.

"I had hoped to invest in your [the middle class's] future...without asking more of you. And I've worked harder than I've ever worked in my life to meet that goal. But I can't."
~ President Bill Clinton,
Feburary 15, 1993 - in his FIRST address from the Oval Office.

* Clinton and the Democrats (including Kerry) then went on to scrap any further discussion of a "middle-class tax cut" and passed the largest tax increase in US history - a tax increase that hit EVERYBODY.

And what does John Kerry have to say about that now???

"It was Democrats in 1993 who had the courage to bite the bullet politically and pass a deficit-reduction act (largest tax increase in history)"
~ John Kerry,
March, 2003.

Soooo... according to John Kerry, breaking a campaign promise is a sign of "courage".

Remember...

"...if you liked what you had with Bill Clinton, you're going to like what you get with John Kerry."
~ John Kerry.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I love these....

Thanks Mac!
-LS
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny how the press never brings these things back up.
But "Read my lips" can't get enoguh.
Yeah, the unbiased press at work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice work!  I love these too.  The media has got to get on these!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
He already told you that you were going to get a tax increase:

[sKerry]No taxpaying family under $200K will suffer a tax increase under my "plan".  However, I will rollback the tax rates to the rates you paid before the latest round of tax cuts implemented by the current administration.  [/sKerry]

WTF, over?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
We are still waiting for slick willies middle class tax cut.  Instead I cashed out some stock options and the fe.gov stole 1/2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top