Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:36:20 PM EDT
Over the last few weeks, it's become obvious that there is an on-going attempt to disrupt and prevent Republicans from engaging in campaigning and attempting to re-elect the President.

Most of this activity apparently is being done by individuals or one or two people.
These activities are isolated, and include vandalizing Bush/Cheney signs, keying or otherwise damaging cars with Republican signs or bumper stickers, and verbally assaulting identified Republicans.

Republican offices have been shot up in several states.

However, there is also obviously an ORGANIZED attempt by Democratic Party activist's, and AFL/CIO "action squads" (but, I repeat myself) to intimidate Republicans and to prevent them from engaging in campaign activities.
These squads have staged assaults on several Republican campaign headquarters, have vandalized the offices, and physically attacked campaign workers.

QUESTION:
Can a case be made that these activities constitute TREASON?

We often talk about people like Jane Fonda going to Hanoi, or various Hollywood and Democrat officials going to some dictatorship and providing them with propaganda against America., but clearly THIS isn't treason.

The Constitution is VERY clear about what treason IS, and ISN'T.
One clear offense is "Attempting to overthrow the Government of the United States by force or violence".

Can a case be made that using burglary, vandalism, intimidation, and actual violence IS treason?
Are these Democratic activists (fanatics) using force and violence in an attempt to prevent a free and honest election from taking place?

Taken as a whole, with shootings, vandalism, intimidation, threats, sabotage, invasions of campaign facilities, some of it clearly organized, does this constitute a "pattern of activity" that could bring charges under the Constitution?

Is this treason under the strict terms of the US Constitution?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They are treasonous for reasons beyond that.

Don't get me started.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the term you are thinking of is SEDITION, not treason.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
"Treason doth never prosper,

And what is the reason?

For if treason doth prosper,

None dare call it treason."

(Another million brain cells wasted, remembering something totally useless, by Old_Painless.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It's fucking treason, sedition, whatever, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Subversion?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And what is the reason?

(Another million brain cells wasted, remembering something totally useless, by Old_Painless.)

NOT a waste of brain cells sir - sage wisdom.

(NOT that I'm sayin' yer old, or anything    )

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what is the reason?

When Old Painless was young, the Dead Sea was only sick.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Noah was a seaman recruit....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If I recall correctly, in 1964, that was a wonderful book written by John Stormer, 'None Dare Call it Treason', a very anti-communist book distributed by the John Birch Society and others.

Eric The(WellRead)Hun

Youa re correct.

I humted down an Ebay / Amazon hardcover copy for my library.

I forget who it was, but SOMEONE on here blew a gasket saying it was all lies and conspiracy theories and a load of crap.

Some poeple REALLY don't like the JBS.  Not that I'd EVER have been  a member, but they had alot of truth.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what is the reason?

When Old Painless was young, the Dead Sea was only sick.

It was only a little puddle, in good health.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top