Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 11:05:57 AM EDT
and it got me thinking .. What would happen if the person who was target of the joke was an armed law abiding citizen? Could you imagine  the outcome ? I remember one show where two guys went tio repo some furniture out of a guys house and the home owner was  playing some fruit cake. The one "repo" guy told the target to go empty the freezer in the garage b/c it's going so when the guy opens it of course there is a head or  arm or something in it and the guy freaks out , instantly pukes. The home owner confronts him and says you're not leaving now.  I think at that point it would be down hill for Mr fruit cake. JMO.. I mean could there be a screening process to make sure the targets aren't violent,don't carry weapons etc etc?  just a random thought.

J
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They screen them first I'm sure..........I miss Shannen Doherty, got one of the Baldwins on there now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never seen that show, but I know what you are saying you put the wrong guy in the wrong situation and you might have a huge lawsuit on your hand. Shit some people will automatically fight when TSHTF.

Remember that guy on jenny jones that was setup with some queer and he killed the guy?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, I wonder that every time Is ee the show. I keep wondering at which point I would start shooting. And giving the often bizzare scenarios, I sometimes wonder if I would be carrying enough ammo. "Vampire biker cop-killers? Shit, I've only got four mags!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
it's all FAKE!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it's all FAKE!

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
it's all FAKE!

Yeah, but at the time it seems pretty darn real.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
what got me thinking was there was a guy  who was suppose to clean a private pond for a guy who just got back from south america..  implying he had exotic fish or something in the pond. the other pond cleaner ( actor) gets "eaten" in the pond and the target runs like a MFer out of the water . this kid  isn't small by any means. The owner runs out and tells him to get in the pond b/c he's dinner or whatever. This kid gets in an agressive stance and tells him to "step off"  the actor  knew it went to far and was probably afraid of being pouded so he  quickly blurted out he was on  TV and it was a joke. The entire time he was telling him this the actor had his hands up trying to protect his face.

J
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
it's all FAKE!

if it is.. the targets are pretty impressive actors.

J
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Remember that guy on jenny jones that was setup with some queer and he killed the guy?

I remember that  very well. Sad case of what could go wrong .
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
me and my brother watched the premier episode a couple years ago and though the same thing.
can't remember the exact episodes but there were at least two scenarios that first night it was on (I think there were 2 episodes with at least 2 scenarios each) where the person would have been justified in shooting. I think one was a hitch hiker that pulled a knife and someone breaking into a cabin, possibly dressed as a grizzley or bigfoot can't remember for sure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#11]
There was a post by someone who had been interviewed by Scare Tactics.
IIRC one of the questions asked was if they or the person being considered for the show owned any firearms, that it was a disqualification if they did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#12]
that show rocks
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There was a post by someone who had been interviewed by Scare Tactics.
IIRC one of the questions asked was if they or the person being considered for the show owned any firearms, that it was a disqualification if they did.

Firearms or not, it ain't hard to improvise a weapon that could kill or seriously injur somebody.

Of course, most people with the mindset to fight like that probably also own guns.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#14]
In one episode the 'mark' reached around and grabbed one of the actors by the neck!  They told him the truth real quick.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#15]
That show is a disaster waiting to happen.

Some poor guy will feel frightened, grab a pipe or something and start swinging like Joe Lewis.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember one episode, it was one of those where the guy who thinks he is setting the other guy up is really the one who is being set up.

I think it was something about a clinic and it had a werewolf.

Anyways Guy A is working with Guy C, Guy C dresses like a werewolf to scare Guy B.

Guy B pulls a gun and shoots Guy C, Guy B freaks out.

That was one of my favorite episodes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I would hope that they are smart enough to weed out everyone other than the wussies.

BUT, I'm suprised they haven't run across a guy with at least half a testicle who is willing to fight back.  Must be blind luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top