Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:51:04 PM EDT
Serious Question....

I've been watching TV again an the show had a scene with a rape victim in it.

Many guys can't empathize how women are mentally shattered from having sex forced upon them.

There isn't anything that a woman can make me do at knifepoint or gunpoint that I don't think I could shrug off.

Every time I hear about it in the news or see it on TV a rapist is usually ranked right up there with a murderer as the worst of all criminals. I believe it but I'm not as revolted as if the guy was a kid killer

Some victims take a physical beating (but assault by itself is usually no big deal)

Is there a woman here (or maybe an LEO who has seen it up close) that can make me understand it from the female perspective?

I'm not trying to minimalize it..just trying to understand..

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTSHTF
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
one of my very close friends was raped.....so you can go rot in hell.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they have something put in them, instead of putting something in someone.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm,just wondering how "traumatic" it would be for you if some linebacker cornholed ya in a back ally somewhere against your will?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me butt-fuck you without your permission in the middle of the night to put it in perspective
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Loss of control. Shame. Its some nasty shit. I think its as bad as murder, cause it can destroy a life. I knew some girls who have been raped
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Either you are trolling, or there is something seriously wrong with you

How would you feel if your wife or G/F was raped? How do you think they would feel?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Serious Question....

I've been watching TV again an the show had a scene with a rape victim in it.

Many guys can't empathize how women are mentally shattered from having sex forced upon them.

There isn't anything that a woman can make me do at knifepoint or gunpoint that I don't think I could shrug off.

Every time I hear about it in the news or see it on TV a rapist is usually ranked right up there with a murderer as the worst of all criminals. I believe it but I'm not as revolted as if the guy was a kid killer

Some victims take a physical beating (but assault by itself is usually no big deal)

Is there a woman here (or maybe an LEO who has seen it up close) that can make me understand it from the female perspective?

I'm not trying to minimalize it..just trying to understand..

if you dont know already then you need more help than we can give you

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If someone stuck a pole in your ass, you'd be a little traumatized too.  Well, maybe for about 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
OK I thought I explained this so let me try again....

I understand that it's a serious crime

What I don't understand is what the woman is going through
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
OK I thought I explained this so let me try again....

I understand that it's a serious crime

What I don't understand is what the woman is going through

how could you not understand what a women is going through?  Dude go crawl under a rock or something
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I was a juror on a trial of a cops wife getting raped, I got sick and pissed from hearing the victims detailed description.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is there anything a big ole brother could do to you that would be hard to forget?

I deal with rape victims (adult and child) on a near daily basis. You are; 1. a Troll or 2. an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine said she was raped once, she decided just to go with it and try to enjoy it, she said it wasn't that bad.

I AM JUST RELATING AN ANECDOTE FROM A FEMALE FRIEND OF MINE WHO WAS RAPED, BUT DECIDED NOT TO RESIST. SHE DIDN'T SEEM TO SUFFER PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE BECAUSE OF HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE ATTACK. I AM NOT SAYING ITS NO BIG DEAL AT ALL. RAPE IS BAD BAD BAD BAD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#16]
This is going to get ugly.........
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Either you are trolling, or there is something seriously wrong with you

How would you feel if your wife or G/F was raped? How do you think they would feel?

+1

Getting raped is WORSE than getting murdered asshole

ETA: this is THE most ignorant question I've ever heard! VoodooChile, you are a moron.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hmm,just wondering how "traumatic" it would be for you if some linebacker cornholed ya in a back ally somewhere against your will?

I would be traumatized because I was sexually involved with a guy and I'm not gay
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh man...IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm new here and by far this is the dumbest post I have seen.  

I can't even imagine why someone would think about this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A friend of mine said she was raped once, she decided just to go with it and try to enjoy it, she said it wasn't that bad.

Your friend must have been seriously fucked in the head before the rape ever "happend". She's making it all up. I'm calling RAW BULLSHIT on that. (not you, but your friend)

Which political figure was it that said something along those lines and got canned for it?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#22]
No one likes to be forced to do something against their will, especially if it is something deeply personal.

Ibtl.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

OK I understand it from the viewpoint of a father and a husband....What I'm needing help with is understanding it from a woman's viewpoint...do you understand that?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would be traumatized because I was sexually involved with a guy and I'm not gay

I don't understand
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your friend must have been seriously fucked in the head before the rape ever "happend". She's making it all up. I'm calling RAW BULLSHIT on that. (not you, but your friend)

Which political figure was it that said something along those lines and got canned for it?

+1 that had to be the 2nd most insane thing Ive read in this post so far
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm new here and by far this is the dumbest post I have seen.  

I can't even imagine why someone would think about this.

yep, he must be a Full Auto refugee....friggen clueless idiot
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This is going to get ugly.........

+1  *grabs popcorn*
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK I understand it from the viewpoint of a father and a husband....What I'm needing help with is understanding it from a woman's viewpoint...do you understand that?

Are you married and have children?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I AM JUST RELATING AN ANECDOTE FROM A FEMALE FRIEND OF MINE WHO WAS RAPED, BUT DECIDED NOT TO RESIST. SHE DIDN'T SEEM TO SUFFER PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE BECAUSE OF HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE ATTACK. I AM NOT SAYING ITS NO BIG DEAL AT ALL. RAPE IS BAD BAD BAD BAD.

If true and she is not a nut it surely was a date type or similar, eh? Surely she is not talking about a no shit stranger/forceable rare?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn dude, are you just trolling.  Could you shrug it off if somebody raped your mother or daughter?  If someone did that to one of my loved ones it would be grounds for me to shoot them in the elbows and knees.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you missed my point alltogether.   I have a very good understanding of what she went through.  It cannot really be explained.  And I'm not going to try.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If someone stuck a pole in your ass, you'd be a little traumatized too.  Well, maybe for about 10 seconds.

Probably not nearly as bad! .. trust and security is extremely important to a woman. rape extremely violates both. It creates an emotional turmoil I doubt many people could understand without going through it. I guess the closest thing a man can go through compared to rape is being molested as a child.

The only time I guess one could minimize it is when a prostitute gets raped in a non-violent way.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF?

(walks away shaking his head)

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#34]
As a senior JBT who has worked many rapes and this by far is the worst crime possible, other than murder.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 that had to be the 2nd most insane thing Ive read in this post so far

Again, that's what she told me And yes, she's crazy (bipolar/narcissist)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if you were gay, then you wouldn't be traumatized by having a penis shoved inside you against your will?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not nearly as bad! .. trust and security is extremely important to a woman. rape extremely violates both. It creates an emotional turmoil I doubt many people could understand without going through it. I guess the closest thing a man can go through compared to rape is being molested as a child.

The only time I guess one could minimize it is when a prostitute gets raped in a non-violent way.

OK someone FINALLY understands what I'm asking!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#38]
VoodooChile, Assuming that you are not a troll, ask the mods to delete this thread. Write your question down and RUN dont walk to the nearest mental health professional. Relay your question to him/her! They will take it from there. Good Luck.   (I am serious)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#39]

shoot them in the elbows and knees

Wrists and ankles 1st, less blood loss = longer period before unconsciousness.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK someone FINALLY understands what I'm asking!!

If you REALLY don't understand what a woman goes through when that happens,
I guess you don't have much contact with women then.
Sorry, but you are scary.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#42]
OK..I'm going to try this one more time...

If a woman I wasn't interested in cornered me in an alley and made me have sex with her would I be as emotionally shattered as if the same thing happened to a woman (probably not..would you?)

What makes the two scenarios different?

And yes I am a father and husband if if this happened to my wife/kids I would kill the sonofabitch but what I was feeling would be DIFFERENT from what the actual victim feels.

And no I'm not a troll
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#43]
It doesn't matter if you as a man were hurt or not by someone forcing sex on you.  In case you haven't noticed, men and women are different.  And rape hurts and violates them profoundly.  That's all you have to know.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If a woman I wasn't interested in cornered me in an alley and made me have sex with her would I be as emotionally shattered as if the same thing happened to a woman (probably not..would you?)

And yes I am a father and husband if if this happened to my wife/kids I would kill the sonofabitch but what I was feeling would be DIFFERENT from what the actual victim feels.

And no I'm not a troll

Rape isn't about sex. It's about Power.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no I'm not a troll

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

And no I'm not a troll

If it were a butt ugly crack head, bull dyke who slapped you around and called you a fucking bitch, strapped on a dildo and rammed it up your ass dry. Tied you up and left you with a concussion and AIDs would it still be good sex?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That's what you think.  I'm sure you could be made to never again look at a beer bottle again without wincing in pain.

Call these people and ask them your question, let the professinals explain it to you  (800)656-HOPE (4673).
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no I'm not a troll

+1

I understand...what if the act that I was made to do didn't involve an erection (or any enjoyment) on my part...would I still feel the same trauma that a woman feels?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Damn dude, are you just trolling.  Could you shrug it off if somebody raped your mother or daughter?  If someone did that to one of my loved ones it would be grounds for me to shoot them in the elbows and knees.

Captain Compassion would probably tell them to walk it off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cant,,, you never will. I am going to try my best to bring this across... No flaming here.

Ever been robbed or burglarized? If you have, you know that feeling of how violated? That multiplied by a Million oughta do it.

All you have in life that is truly 100% YOURS is what you came into this world with. Your Body, soul and mind. Anyone who violates it, destroys more than can be imagined.

I have dated 2 women that were raped and it is FOREVER etched in their mind. The effects cause more damage than you could imagine. to their mental train of thought and to the ones that love them. My ex fiancee was so traumatically damaged that she could NEVER hold on to a relationship... with years of counseling, she still cannot hold a relationship together.

I really feel sorry for her... she is a great person. just lost. I hope heaven above has a "do-over" plan. She deserves it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top