Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 10:58:00 AM EDT
Since I am HS I have two jobs to pay for car insurance, spending money, etc. So, I get a call from one of my employers to do videography in a city in nortern Missouri. I accept the offer and get ready to go do it.
The  next day, I get a call saying that the job is off because the individual that hired us was beaten senselessn. Here's the story:

A guy named Allen that also owns a video company contracted my employer to do a video shoot for him because he was relocating his business and wouldn't be able to video a job that he has done for the past 9 years.  So, everything is in the green and we are preparing to drive about 150 miles to do this shoot. Before we leave, we get a call from the co-owner of Allen's company saying that Allen was attacked and is in IC. What happened was that some vagrant was travelling around this strip mall type place where Allen's business is located. He was entering different businesses and asking if there was any work for him. He entered Allen's business and saw him moving boxes and offered to help for money. Allen said, "Alright...", even though most of the heavy lifting was done. Allen is about 5'9, heavy set, older, and not in very good shape. Eventually Allen turned his back and the guy came up on him, stepped on his foot so he couldn't move, then started to beat him. Allen tried to run away but the guy just pursued him. Long story short... Allen winds up in IC with internal bleeding.

Moral of the story: always be cognisant of your surroundings and your means to deal with your surroundings should the SHTF.

One more reason to arm yourself.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
........some vagrant was travelling around this strip mall .........entering different businesses.....entered Allen's business............Allen turned his back and the guy came up on him, stepped on his foot so he couldn't move, then started to beat him.... Allen winds up in IC with internal bleeding.
Moral of the story:  

Don't have anything to do with vagrants?!

Tell them to immediately "Get the Hell OUT!!!"

If they won't leave, pull the handgun and order them out!

If they won't........POP them!.......You WERE in fear for your life!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit, what town was that in? I didn't hear anything about it.

Ya, I do my best to keep a good eye on everything around me. I'm amazed at how little some people notice about what's going on around them (anyone ever noticed this about their wife, girlfriend, friends, etc...).

And I'm pretty much always armed with something. Whether a knife, pepper spray, or a gun.

Call me paranoid, but I feel it's always best to be prepared for the worst.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Moral of the story: always be cognisant of your surroundings and your means to deal with your surroundings should the SHTF.

One more reason to arm yourself.

No, the moral of the story is not to be so stupid as to let a bum in your shop. Vagrants are homeless because they are insane, not because they're having a brief spell of bad luck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Holy shit, what town was that in? I didn't hear anything about it.

Ya, I do my best to keep a good eye on everything around me. I'm amazed at how little some people notice about what's going on around them (anyone ever noticed this about their wife, girlfriend, friends, etc...).

And I'm pretty much always armed with something. Whether a knife, pepper spray, or a gun.

Call me paranoid, but I feel it's always best to be prepared for the worst.

I agree about always being armed. If you feel threatened or are being threatened, just displaying your weapon cautiously can be a great deterrent .

Allen was beaten in Branson, MO. The job was for Coalcamp (SP?), MO. They were having their German heritage celebration thing.

Vagrant may not be the right word... The guy that did it was more of just some guy looking for work
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
bad situation.

he was making a kind gesture but ends up getting the shitty end of the stick.

prayers go to your employer\friend.

hopefuly the guy gets caught and knocked around a bit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I consider myself to have dodged a few. Sitting in closed up rooms, tight quarters, with people who are often mentally ill can get pretty interesting sometimes. I've had several times when I thought it might become physically violent. Always over my refusal to give out narcotics. Always. I had six drug seekers in a row last Friday night. IN A ROW! Geez. Was ready for trouble with two of them. I'm thinking about concealed carry, legal or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top