BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 10:10:46 AM EDT
tv.ksl.com/index.php?sid=125071&nid=5

Man Shoots, Kills Father While Duck Hunting

Oct. 9, 2004
Kimberly Houk Reporting
"I guess the guy came up and said, ‘Was it an accident?’ And he said, ‘No, he just wouldn’t shut up so I shot him.’”
Police are investigating a shooting between a man and his father near Farmington Bay. Witnesses say a man apparently shot his father during an argument while the pair was duck hunting.
Police were called out about 7:15 by duck hunters who saw a 19-year old boy shoot his father in the face at very close range. Police say the father and son were out duck hunting when the started to fight. They say the son shot his father, killing him instantly.
A nearby hunter heard the one shot and he says the shooter started screaming and panicking after he realized what he had done.
Matt Heidrich, Witness: “He said he was just holding up his gun and just screaming, ‘Help me, help me, I just shot my dad.’ And I guess the guy came up and said, you know, was it an accident or what’d you do? And he said,’ No, he just wouldn’t shut up so I shot him.”
Lt. Brad Wilcox, Davis County Sheriff’s Office: “It was induced by some type of rage or an anger. The suspect is approximately 19-years old, and is, as I understand, the son of the victim.”
Police don’t know if the father and son have a violent history. The two are from the Holladay area, but their identities have not been released.
The son is in custody and police are in the process of retrieving the father’s body from the bay.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
what a dumb kid, make sure your kids not a psycho when you hand him a shotgun.

What did he think a 12ga would do to his pops?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Biggest... Idiot... Ever.

Its horrible taht someone had to lose thier life becasue of a kids ignorence and childishness.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
God. What happend to morals in our society?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
19 = man, not boy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#7]
is there a link to the story.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe he figured he could just hit the [reset] button, and everything would restore to the last "save" point...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe they should have beat his ass more before training him on firearms. or maybe there was no firearms training? i think it's important that kids not only know the safety rules, but what firearms are capable of doing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Probably a ritalin or adderall kid, I mean man.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe he figured he could just hit the [reset] button, and everything would restore to the last "save" point...

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#12]
To defend the under-21-year-old generation(I'm 17) I want to level this kid with a crowbar for fucking things up.

No, not seriously wanting to murder him. dont ban me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sometime I wonder myself about this possibility,  I dont have any video games or know anything about them.    Bout 10 years ago I went to a hunting buddys house and him and his boy were playing somthing called doom. You could kill with chainsaws or shotguns or gatlin gun , maybe even grenade launcher.  I could see by how well the boy played that it was totally in him.  If the lines from the video and reality blur you have a real screwed up situation.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Chalk one more up for the antis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top