Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 8:10:06 AM EDT
There are just too many kerry signs in my area, so I had to respond.  Bush signs have been going missing in my AO so I decided to get mobile with the message.  Basterdized the line out of Josey Wales. Just got the sticker yesterday how long do you figure before some  DUer flips me off, ?

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I give it a week.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Hey TexasRooter, what are the vertical tubes for on your RK box?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Probably fishing rods
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate your future sacrifice.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They are for fishin rods when I go fish the surf at Matagorda, sad to say it hasn't been used much this year.  But going fishin tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks Good!

And those are for fishing rods.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]

I think those are fishing rod holders used when trolling for land shark.

MT

(you guys might be too young to remember land shark)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I got down to the surf one day and a rod had an eye mashed flat by an ice chest and I had had enough.  Beleive it or not I can drive 70 miles an hour without losing a seven or even 8 foot trout rod.  The only thing that would get a rod would be bird or rock hitting the rod.  That has never happened yet.  Just don't forget to take the rods out before you go to the Whataburger drive through.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Brave.....very brave.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Ah, the beaches at Matagorda.  Used to go there when I was little kid...

from MT_Pockets

YES, I DO!  Knock, Knock.  Who's there?  LAND SHARK!!!!!!

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just got the sticker yesterday how long do you figure before some  DUer flips me off, ?

I give them 3 days.

BTW, cool decal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Katyusha launchers.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ah, the beaches at Matgorda.  Used to go there when I was little kid...

from MT_Pockets

"Candygram....."  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There are just too many kerry signs in my area, so I had to respond.  Bush signs have been going missing in my AO so I decided to get mobile with the message.  Basterdized the line out of Josey Wales. Just got the sticker yesterday how long do you figure before some  DUer flips me off, ?

Don't fish for fish, use that window for demo bait.  Place it in a high traffic demo location and set up on it.  Use a buddy's tinted van or pickup with video and park it within view of the rear window.  I bet you'd get some bites within an hour.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#16]
On NRA News they said one Bush supporter tied two flip flops on the tailgate handle of his pickup. One flip flop has John written on it and the other Kerry. Great idea IMO. Time to dig out an old pair and do the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't fish for fish, use that window for demo bait.  Place it in a high traffic demo location and set up on it.  Use a buddy's tinted van or pickup with video and park it within view of the rear window.  I bet you'd get some bites within an hour.

Me likes that ide-er!

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ah, the beaches at Matgorda.  Used to go there when I was little kid...

from MT_Pockets

Thought I got spooled by a landshark one day, was headed out about 3:30 am one morning for the beach and when I got there, there was no string on one of my rods.  Figured I had hooked a landshark.  Got back to my fishin buddys house that evening and saw line running down the street.  I had hooked a low branch and the tout tail was still hanging in the branch.  The good thing about the holder is you can rig out your line an leaders and all that crap doesn't get tangled in the bed of the truck.  

On another note I was bait fishing on the bottom one day and hooked a big stingray.  I could not get that baby up so I set the rod in the holder and cranked the drag down on the big Penn.  Then I cranked the reel until the 20 lb test was singing.  After about 30 minutes that baby finally turned loose the bottom and I dragged him in.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the perfect spot to set up.  There is a democratic campaign office right down the street from where I work.  Across the side street from that office is a  stripcenter where my fishin buddys wife works.  I could set up right there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#20]
That truck done just got sexier!

Nice job!

- BG
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#21]
i like it

but you're in TX and have kerry signs everywhere?!?!?!

let me guess........................austin?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I think those are fishing rod holders used when trolling for land shark.

MT

candygram.......
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i like it

but you're in TX and have kerry signs everywhere?!?!?!

let me guess........................austin?

To me they are everywhere,  I am about 40 miles south west of downtown Houston, Rosenberg is the town.  Large hispanic population and old time Democrats that forgot to change to republicans when they were deserted by the demparty in the 60's.  I am in Delays district,  you would be surprised how many around here think Delay is a sombitch,  I tell them he's my sombitch thank you very much.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That truck done just got sexier!

Nice job!

- BG

There are some things you should just keep to yourself, that was one of them!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Where did you get that and how much???????

Damn, that would look great in Seattle. Especially in front of the union hall.....

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

img34.exs.cx/img34/5283/bacglass8.jpg

I hope you got glass coverage on your insurance.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I love that decal!  I think the idea of trolling for ass hole Democrats is a great one too.  Just go prepared.

Now...isn't is a VERY bad crime to do property damage in Texas?  Aren't you permitted to get very medieval on their asses if they try to fuck up your cool truck?

I think the sting idea is super.

Stay safe and get some!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Where did you get that and how much???????

Damn, that would look great in Seattle. Especially in front of the union hall.....

There is a local company in town that does our caps and stickers for our trucks.  We do their electrical work.  They are strong republican and when I went to them with this idea, they said they would do it as long as it didn't say something like REAL MEN LIKE BUSH,  so I had to come up with a new slogan. When I brought it to them they liked it and said this one is on the house.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I love that decal!  I think the idea of trolling for ass hole Democrats is a great one too.  Just go prepared.

Now...isn't is a VERY bad crime to do property damage in Texas?  Aren't you permitted to get very medieval on their asses if they try to fuck up your cool truck?

I think the sting idea is super.

Stay safe and get some!

In answer to the post above this one, no I don't have glass insurance.  I hope that no one hurts my truck,  but if it happens I will get a photographer from the local paper to take a picture and make sure that it gets into the paper.  We do their electrical work to you see.   I live by our buiness and my truck is parked by a fourlane street at night, anyone can walk up on it and it is legal in Texas to shoot people at night f'ing with your crap.  BUT can you beat the LAWYER FEES ,can you beat the CIVIL SUIT,    can you deal with the fact that you shot a man over a back glass.  Don't get me wrong if some one was trying to steal my rig i would inflict major woopass on them, but common sense must come into play to.

The Fort Bend county democratic Head Quarters is right down the street about a mile from me.  I'm going to go over there on Monday after work and screw with them a little.  Plan on asking for a Zell Miller Sticker for my back glass.  Hopefully I will be able to at least post pics!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Very nice stickers, and rod holders
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok I am rigged for trolling, have to get the picture in tomorrow.  I have even hung flipflops off of my hitch with big circle hooks and have had no hits, land sharks or liberals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top