Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Bahl's answer was similar to the one given by Gus Whitcomb, a spokesman for Wal-Mart -- the world's largest retailer -- which has stores in Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere.

"No, we do not plan to," Whitcomb said. "We carry firearms that are appropriate for hunting."

Whitcomb said that means rifles and shotguns. Handguns don't make the cut and the firearms that were once banned wouldn't either.

"It's been Wal-Mart's focus to cater to the sportsman," Whitcomb said.

"It's not even something we considered."

Well, I didn't really need ANOTHER reason to not shop at Wal-Mart, but I guess I found one anyway.

As has been pointed out many times here, I support their right to do as they please as a business.  As is MY rights never to spend another fucking cent with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did you single out Wal*Mart for doing this will ignoring that other gun stores are also doing the same?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
you can buy what is the old post ban from wally world.  Just ask for their firearms catelog at the gun counter.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
People hunt with handguns.

Fuck Walmart
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
People hunt with handguns.

Fuck Walmart

The Ruger Redhawk is a good deer killer and so is the Thompson Contender.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you can buy what is the old post ban from wally world.  Just ask for their firearms catelog at the gun counter.

TXL

Are you sure?

I went to WM and asked them once. They don't sell AR rifles.

Except in Alaska.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

Are you sure?

Except in Alaska.

I know they sell mini 14's and mini 30's.  My friend works in the sporting goods area of a walmart in Oklahoma where I'm from.  He was going to order a mini 30 from them, never got around to it though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

Are you sure?

Except in Alaska.

You are correct.  You cannot order ARs or handguns from Wal-Mart.  If you want to know what you can order, check out their firearms catalog.

This is a PDF version of the 2004 Wal-Mart Firearms catalog.  You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
www.walmart.com/promos/firearms_catalog_2004.pdf
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do you guys shop at Wal*Mart?  Geez I can't stand that place.  It's filled with ragged, weathered, beat to hell, unhealthy, fat or death camp skinny, poor trash.  Why? Why does Wal*Mart attract the rejects of humanity?  These people treat Wal*Mart like it's some kind of carnival or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top