Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 9:11:08 AM EDT
Damn, I dont believe it, I got my trash bill today, I live in the county, so I have a private firm haul off my trash weekly, I am billed every 3 months.

Well on this bill there is a fuel surcharge, now it is only $6 but still, WTF?

I still have to drive to work, and do all the things I had to do before, but I cant charge anyone a fuel surcharge....

Ok, sorry, I know petty shit here, but still.....

Edit due to the fact I still cant spell, or type....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
At work we use a temp fuel surcharge when the fuel prices are up.  Instead of raiseing rates.  It should be temporary unless the fuel prices dont come down then they will raise the rates.  Either way your going to pay.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuel surcharge usually applies when there's been a major change in fuel prices figured into your monthy rate when you signed the service agreement.   If there is no service agreement, this is their way of saying:  "We got fucked by the increasing gas prices, and now so are you."  

You can change services to another trash hauler, or course.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fuel surcharge usually applies when there's been a major change in fuel prices figured into your monthy rate when you signed the service agreement.   If there is no service agreement, this is their way of saying:  "We got fucked by the increasing gas prices, and now so are you."  

You can change services to another trash hauler, or course.  

The only srvice agreement was that if I decided to switch to a differant service, I had to give at least 2 weeks notice, and give them the chance to keep me as a customer.

I aint pissed about it, just annoyed....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
fuel surchartge is meant to F*ck the customer period.

along wiht "shop charge" and EPA charge and "shop supplies" charge and "disposal" charge etc...

you will never see the end of it.

ask them where the $ goes from all the recycled stuff you leave for them
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuel surcharges are necessary. Any busniess that uses large amounts of fuel has thier margin disappear when diesel goes from 1.60 to 2.00 in 3 weeks. Airlines are hit the worst. American Airlines would have made 750 million dollars in profit by the 3rd quarter of this year if gas was the same price as it was last year.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Then I expect a credit when the goddamn prices come down. That is part of business. A gamble. As bad as the fucking credit cards raising rates.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hotels are getting sued over phones you never use, electric surcharges, you name it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top