Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 2:48:52 AM EDT
Planning on getting a Cav Arms lower for my .45 upper and want to use higher cap mags.

Which should I get?  The Thompson or the Grease Gun mags?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=MAG%2D725&mscssid=9WJJRNQEBWXD9MNMMC9STXVAW9500439

Has 30 round thompson mags for $19.

But they are pretty wide and do not fit inside an AR mag well.  I hear most people use the grease gun mags.

For my 45ACP upper I use Uzi mags and my 9mm Sten mags also fit 45ACP
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, the CavArms Mk2 lower is designed to take the Thompson and Grease Gun mags when someone finally comes up with a good magblock for it.

So, would Thompson or Greasegun mags be better?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
There was some place called something like whatacountry.com that I got some Thompson mags for...  I think they had used ones for like $12 or so.  I could be mistaken.   I can't search from work, but I'm pretty sure the name was something like that.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
just got a new mag from tapco and saw they were advesrtising thompson mags for 9.99 I think...might wanna check the website, tapco.com
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  I think I'll go with the Thompson mags instead of the grease gun mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You have to be very careful when you buy Thompson mags. Some of them look like they've been drug thru a mud hole, stomped on and had a fast coat of paint put on them before they put em' up for sale.  I got some from CDNN that were like that.  I had to order from Northridge for "new" Thompson mags and they were $30 bucks each.  M3 mags may be easier to find since the gun was in service longer and now that the ban is over Uzi mags in 45ACP will start showing up again.  Just watch out for "used" Thompson mags because most of em' are just that, "USED" big time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Campy - IM sent.

Saw some Thompson mags at Tapco that says they are in very good condition for $9.99 - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are two sources others have pointed me to for the same build. I havent ordered anything from either source.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/mag/magm3-1.html
http://www.subguns.com/products/mags/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top