Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 11:45:20 AM EDT
I built an upper with a 14.5" barrel and a rifle length quad-rail.  Right now it has a chopped carry handle and a YHM flip up front sight, mounted to the front of the rail.  I've decided that I don't want a flip-up front sight anymore, but a fixed detachable front sight.  The problem is that all of the detachable fixed front sights on the market are designed to be mounted to a 1913 gas block, which is a different height than the quad-rail.  My gas block is under the quad rail, so changing the gas block is not an option for me.

Does anybody know of a fixed detachable front sight on the market that's designed to work on the same plane as the quad-rail?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anybody know of a fixed detachable front sight on the market that's designed to work on the same plane as the quad-rail?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea that's right I said FIXED DETACHABLE, as opposed to a detachable front sight that folds down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're sure you don't want a reconditioned removable front sight instead?

Probably your local machine shop can make one for you, if you can't find one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]

your answer is here:

http://www.uws.com/YANKEEHILL/9495.html

hope this helps

-Fuji

Edit to add:

shit, scratch this.  You want something that works on the same plane as the quad-rail...hmm that is gonna be a tought one.  This model works on the front gass block.

sorry, thought I had a winner for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.exe/PSZ/?Template=ProdDetail.htm&ProductID=16560

The one they list is for an AR-10, but  it's a step in the right direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top