Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 8:02:19 PM EDT
Watching the debate tonight made me remember a thread where that was talked about...is that true? Does Cheney have some class 3 stuff?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  He's a total gun nut.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about the MGs, but several years ago I used to hunt the same ranch in Wyoming that he did.  Never met him, but all the locals/ranchhands will tell you he is a regular "stand up" guy.  Works for me.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
At a minimum, I know he has a few MGs given to him as trophies from Gulf War I.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The article I read said that Cheney likes to blow off steam by shooting his collection of guns, including fully automatic European assault rifles and submachine guns, on FBI shooting ranges.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hmmm...I wonder what "amnesty" that would fall under?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The article I read said that Cheney likes to blow off steam by shooting his collection of guns, including fully automatic European assault rifles and submachine guns, on FBI shooting ranges.

You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you? I believe you guys, I'm just really curious about this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My grandma knows him, I could ask, but she would jsut tell me that she hates his "stupid conservative views".
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Executive privilege.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you? I believe you guys, I'm just really curious about this.

I've been looking.  It was on Newsmax.com.   And it was a "sources say" article.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw him speak earlier this year at the NRA Annual Meeting, and he was outstanding!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
It was said here in a thread a while back. I'd buy it but does anyone have some proof?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember reading something about it I think he has a few dozen guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Executive privilege.

Ah...is that how Klinton got Cuban cigars?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Executive privilege.

Ah...is that how Klinton got Cuban cigars?

The rules and regs are different for the "little people."
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#16]

I thought I read that he enjoyed shooting the SS weapons.  Maybe I remember it wrong.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:27:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Yet another reason for me to love the guy!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#18]
From Newsmax -- May 03, 2004

Machine Gun Cheney --

Dick Cheney is a proud gun owner and hunter.

In April the Vice President addressed the NRA to wild cheers and acknowledged his own interest in guns.

But a source close to the White House tells NewsMax that Dick Cheney is a true gun aficionado.

Cheney's collection, our sources say, is in the hundreds of guns, including pistols, shotguns and machine guns -- from antique Thompsons to the most modern European automatic machine guns.  

To let off some steam (God knows he has some to let off these days), the Vice President has been known to go out to the federal training center in Maryland where the Secret Service does its own gun practice.

A typical Cheney visit, told to us by a person who attended one, included the Vice President bringing some 30 guns from his own collection.

On the ranger, Cheney would blow away his targets -- with Thompson machine guns, the latest German and Austrian machine guns, Lugars, MP5s, shot guns, you name it.  

One after another an aide would hand the Vice President his latest armament, and Cheney would fire away, no doubt imagining al-Qaeda terrorists in his gun sights.

We're told Cheney is a good shot to boot.

Cheney is not shy about his shooting activities. Another Cheney friend tells us that at the Cheneys' Christmas party last year he showcased to guests a video of himself shooting while hunting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My grandma knows him, I could ask, but she would jsut tell me that she hates his "stupid conservative views".

Then tell your grandma that I thought she'd be able to "think for heself by now".
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then tell your grandma that I thought she'd be able to "think for heself by now".

People tend to become more conservative as they get older. Can you imagine what she was like as a young'un?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you were as scrutinized as Cheney and got little credit for your hardwork, you'd HAVE to have an aggression outlet.

(Note: Cheney attends Bulletfest in disguise!!!)

Seriously, it wouldn't doubt me a bit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I think it sucks that he can own stuff we cant.... but owning and shooting MGs definately puts him on the right side of things
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:03:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think it sucks that he can own stuff we cant.... but owning and shooting MGs definately puts him on the right side of things

Oh, we can own it, we just have to fill out a rainforest killing stack of papers, swear to oaths, submit blood, alcohol, urine, and stool samples, pay money for licenses, and pay lots more for taxes.

THEN, we can own it.

It's in my opinion that one should be able to walk into Wally World, and 10 minutes later, come out with an MG3 and a belt of .308.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

People tend to become more conservative as they get older. Can you imagine what she was like as a young'un?

Okay better yet, go tell her to apply direct pressure over her heart until the bleeding stops.

Some people don't become more conservative though. She could have been one of those far lefties aiding and abeding the enemy durring vietnam and such. Many of America's problems today lay squarely on the shoulders of her generation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#27]
He shows up once in a while at the Secret Service range in Beltsville, MD to shoot full-auto with the SS agents.  He also loves to hunt.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, now I have a question.
Does anyone know if he actually has a post '86 MG, or is he using post samples, or weapons belonging to a law enforcement agency. Do we know that he owns any MGs that we "little" people can't.
I mean we are basing our ASSumptions of what he owns on what a news paper reporter calls the, "most modern European automatic machine guns."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top