Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:42:14 AM EDT
i went to Barnes and Noble Booksellers on Saturday looking for "Unfit for Command."   I looked and looked, saw lots of Bush bashing books and tons of "My Life" books all around the front entrance of the store.  Ilooked for about 10 minunts until I finally saw way over on the side hidden by other shelves, Unfit for Command and Tommy Frank's book.  All the liberal BS books easy to find, and the Unfit for Command hidden.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
What did you expect?  Book stores are notorious for hiring nothing but liberal POS's that can't get a job anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I once wore my NRA hat into a Barnes & Noble store, and I got were dirty looks and stares from th employees at least in that one store.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I went in booksamillion saturday night and noticed UfC on a shelf as I was walking into the coffee shop.....shoulda bought a copy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, they really don't carry much in the way of guns. Hell, I had to special order "Unintended Consequences" and it took 3 weeks. I'll go to Amazon from now on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Barnes and Noble SUCKS!

Why yes! They do!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i went to Barnes and Noble Booksellers on Saturday looking for "Unfit for Command."   I looked and looked, saw lots of Bush bashing books and tons of "My Life" books all around the front entrance of the store.  Ilooked for about 10 minunts until I finally saw way over on the side hidden by other shelves, Unfit for Command and Tommy Frank's book.  All the liberal BS books easy to find, and the Unfit for Command hidden.

Which location?  I was at the 1960 and Champion Forest location last night and UfC was on display as soon as you walked in the door.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#7]
dont shop there. lets all buy stock in amazon, and shop there. or local mom and pop stores. but not if they're liberal.
or aliens.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which location?  I was at the 1960 and Champion Forest location last night and UfC was on display as soon as you walked in the door.

Same here in Dartmouth. Right by the front door. I couldn't believe it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#9]
My local Waldenbooks has them (U for C) prominently displayed just inside the door, even though the sales force looks to be your typical liberal/college know-it-all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#10]
great place to meet smart hotties. you can also read cool books and magazines for free.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I prefer Books-A-Million  with their 3 stands of hunting, fishing, backwoodsman, outdoors, trapping, guns, knives,killing small critters for food and fur magazines.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

San Antonio, De Zavala Road & I-10
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
great place to meet smart hotties. you can also read cool books and magazines for free.

You go up and talk to a chick while she is reading?  Please enlighten me, as I have considered that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Not too tough Eagle.

"Hey, I was thinking about reading (insert book title) too. How's it look?"
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#15]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You go up and talk to a chick while she is reading? Please enlighten me, as I have considered that.

the other day my wife was in there looking for some paper backs for me while i was on duty. some guy kept crowding her, and then starts hittin on her. he tried to follow her out to the car. she went through several fast food places on the way home to make sure he didn't follow. i've been back three times this week looking for him. i got a size12  W with his name on it
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody read "The Battle of Mogadishu" yet?  

Saw it at B&N a couple of days ago but didn't buy it.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Barnes and Noble SUCKS!

order from Amazon.com

works from plus I do not have to deal with the hippies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not too tough Eagle.

"Hey, I was thinking about reading (insert book title) too. How's it look?"

yeah, and there's usually a little coffee shop inside the store. perfect.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here in Dartmouth. Right by the front door. I couldn't believe it!

It all depends on the store managers.  Store manager = Lib: Lib books up front.  Store manager = Conserv: Conserv books up front.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought my copy at Barnes & Noble...

I thought they had a very nice display of 'political books'.  Right in the middle of the store.  One side of the table is all 'Conservative' books, the other side is all 'Liberal Lies'.  There were very few Unfit for Command's when I was there, but they had a display off to the side that was pretty big, but also pretty empty.  I guess they were a big seller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top