Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:49:49 AM EDT
Only been home from Iraq for a week and I'm already missing the sounds of automatic fire...

I'm sure some of you guys have been down to Knob Creek. I was thinking of going this weekend to the shoot and was wondering how good/big the gun show is there.

Anybody have any idea about the laws for a non-resident re: purchasing a firearm there?

Thanks,
Cygnus
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The show is big and has some eye candy (wanna see the rifle Deniro used in" Heat" and the Mini-gun used in "Predator" and "Terminator 2"?) Lotsa AR stuff and good prices on ammo. Basically, just a big toy store. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe an out-of-stater can buy a firearm from an in-state FFL but not an out-of-state FFL? Come on down, it's a hoot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
+10000
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it!  You will never forgive yourself if you miss KCR.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds Good! Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, only long guns may be purchased by an out of state resident. In TN, IIRC, it has to be an ajoining state as well. Lots of parts there, you can always buy everything but the lower & buy that locally where you are. Or simply do a transfer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Be sure you stay for the night shoot.  It is an awesome sight.  My brother in law go early enjoy the day then tailgate in the overflow lot to get ready for the night shoot.  It is a great time.  

The show is Class III oriented, but there are enough vendors there with standard AR stuff to make bringing some cash a good idea.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The gun show is the best I have ever been to.  But I live in Michigan and I cannot get a class 3.  I would have to finance some of the guns there for 15 years.  Last fall they had 3 SAWs there the cheapest was $69000  a little much for me.   Dam federal taxes the military buys them for about 1800.  But you should'nt miss it if you cant help it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The last I had heard was there were only about 3 Class 3 dealers in the state.  And I am not sure about the curio, and relic end of it but I will have to check it out further.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top