Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:00:46 AM EDT
Whats the hot thing as far as these go now?

Can you get a windows handheld with hard drive in it like the mp3 players?

My rio karma mp3 player died today and I've got the replacement plan at circuit city. The way that works is I send the broken mp3 player to them, and they send me a "gift card" that refunds my purchase price.

If I can get a handheld pc with a 20 gig or better hard drive in it, I'll fork over the bucks and do that instead of getting another mp3 player.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You won't find a pocket pc or palm with that type of space.

See here   http://www.pocketpcmag.com/  and spend some time on the site.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Seems odd that they don't put small hard drives in them.

If they can get 12 hours out of an mp3 playe with one, hey ought to be able to fit one into a pocket pc without sucking down the power or size too much.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

See here   http://www.pocketpcmag.com/  and spend some time on the site.  

True, but he might find one that will accept a micro drive, so there is at the least 1gig of expansion there, I don;t know if micro drives have gotten bigger capacity wise, I should start looking though I need a new one for the digi camera.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's all about the battery.  Even with today's Lithium Ion bats, there's not even close to enough juice to do all the zammy-doo things we want.  Pocket PC's and Palm's are lasting just a few hours with high res color screens, 300-600+Mhz CPU's, and WiFi.  Today people are using 512MB and 1GB Compact Flash and SD cards for capacity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top