Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:41:06 PM EDT
preventitive checks or something like that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre-Combat Inspection.

Making sure your guys have all their shit ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre combat inspection, making sure your weapon is good to go, commo works, you have water, ect.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
preventitive checks or something like that?

Your thinking PMCSs
Preventative maintinance checks and service
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
again there were so many acronyms that I can't remember alot of them right off the bat.

ETA: Yep what they said, I remeber it well now. Like I said there were hundreds of them in the military.

yeah me too, I know what they mean but I don't know what they actually stand for.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pre-Combat Inspection.

Making sure your guys have all their shit ready to go.

+1

Edit: damn, I wasted #400 on this
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 EDT
[#7]
Here's a new version i heard from my CSM. He calls it PEC, Pre-Execution Checks. Just incasr your mission is not a combat mission I guess.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]
PMCS- Preventitive Maintenance Checks and Services, basically checking your shit for broken parts, operability; done on a regular basis

PCI- Pre Combat Inspection, inspection done by leadership before a mission to ensure that the men are properly briefed, have the proper equipment, weapons are ready, commo works, etc., by definition done at a platoon level or higher

PCC- Pre Combat Checks, same as PCI, but done by Team Leaders and Squad Leaders before a PCI by the PL and CO
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
peripheral connect interface!!! duh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top