Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 10:41:57 AM EDT

As if had the AWB been renewed, this never would have happened?

Never mind that to the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer has started new production of UZI type firearms since the ban sunsetted. IOW, the gun used was already in circulation when the ban was in effect.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/release.php?release=597

SPECTER HELPS KILL ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN, AND NOW THE CRIMINALS ARE USING THEM
For Immediate Release:
10-04-2004
Contact Communications:
(202) 898-0792
Newtown Township, PA - Senator Arlen Specter's decision to side with the gun lobby over the people of Pennsylvania has now had direct consequences: More crimes with military-style semiautomatic assault weapons.

One of the nation's first assault weapons crimes since the sunset of the ban on these weapons apparently occurred here late last week, at a Mobil gas station on South Sycamore Street, just sixteen days after Senator Arlen Specter and Congressional leaders helped the gun lobby kill the ban. An employee at the gas station told police the gun the robber brandished was an Uzi with a large capacity ammunition magazine. "The employee said he knew the weapon from seeing it in magazines and elsewhere before," a police detective told the Bucks County Courier Times newspaper.

The employee handed over more than $200, and the robber fled.

Specter's refusal to support renewing the Assault Weapons Ban was a key factor in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Fraternal Order of Police chapters, the state's largest local law enforcement organizations, endorsing his opponent, Representative Joe Hoeffel.

"Arlen Specter claims to be surprised that police officers are declining to support him this year, but our decision should come as no surprise," Michael Havens, of the Pittsburgh FOP, was quoted as saying about law enforcement's rejection of Senator Specter. "Over the past several years, he's made unacceptable choices that have put conservative ideology before the needs of the law enforcement community."

"Senator Specter's campaign website says the Senator 'believes that the fundamental purpose of government is to protect its citizens,' but he has now helped give criminals access to greater firepower," said Jim Brady, the former Reagan press secretary shot by a would-be assassin.

"He let the people and the police down when he sided with the extreme gun lobby and against a common sense law," Brady said. "The people of Pennsylvania need to hold him accountable."

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
large capacity ammunition magazine

this makes my head hurt...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The rub is that it was probably an airsoft replica gun or something.   I can't see too many hold up men bothering to spend $500+ dollars on a weapon that they will likely have to ditch after the crime.   Maybe it was stolen?  

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#6]

...just sixteen days after Senator Arlen Specter and Congressional leaders helped the gun lobby kill the ban...

What a load. With histrionics like that I sometimes wonder how they've managed to buffalo Joe and Suzy America into believing anything this long.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
So, The Brady bitch says that Specter is responcible for an Armed robbery by a guy who was supposedly armed with an UZI (Which you CAN'T import even now)  (It's an UZI because the victim says he's seen one on TV) and Brady Bitch thinks the robber wouldn't have been armed with an UZI had the AWB not sunsetted.

Hmmm..

1. Sen Specter wasn't the robber...
2. Sen Specter didn't provide the weapon..
3. Sen Specter didn't drive the get-a-way vehicle...
4. Sen Specter wasn't involved in the robbery at all.
5. Sen Specter didn't support the renewal of the AWB..

Oh yeah, it's all his fault!

That Goose stepping, gun grabbing, femi-nazi yeasthole needs to be HUNG for treason.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Thing was probably a friggin' squirtgun or airsoft POS.  UZIs aren't what your average hooded thug uses to stick up a gas station.  They use those evil fully automatic revolvers!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatta you know, here's a newspaper story about the incident.

Man with 'Uzi' holds up gas station
By MATT COUGHLIN
Bucks County Courier Times

A man with what appeared to be an "Uzi" machine gun in his waistband robbed a Mobil gas station in Newtown Township Thursday night.

Police said the man walked into the store, on South Sycamore Street, at about 8:44 p.m. and purchased a soda. After the sale, the man lifted his sweatshirt to show the clerk what appeared to be a dark automatic or "Uzi"-type weapon with the magazine extending past the handle.

The man ordered the clerk to give him the money from the register and the telephone. He then left with more than $200 and a green phone. He was last seen running toward the Village of Newtown shopping center, police said.

Police said if it is a real weapon, the gun is the type covered under the assault-weapons ban that expired in September. In addition to several types of assault weapons, the old ban prevented the sale of clips containing more than 10 rounds. A gun with a clip below the grip would have more than 10 rounds, police said.

"The employee said he knew the weapon from seeing it in magazines and elsewhere before," Newtown Township Detective Jason Harris said.

The suspect is described as about 6 feet tall. He wore a gray hooded "Timberland" sweatshirt with black stripes running lengthwise on each sleeve.

Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Harris at 215-579-1000, extension 4.

www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-10022004-375749.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if it had more thrust per squeeze?

So it was 1911 with a ten round mag.  Or a squirtgun.  Whatever it was, it was EVIL!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
i'd bet money is was either a 1980's squirt gun or an airsoft gun.  First of all it has to be small enough to fit in your waistband.  Anybody try to fit a full size uzi carbine in their pants?  So i'll bet it was a "micro" uzi suirt gun just like the one i own and played with as a boy.  Its black and if you only see part of it, it would look real enough.  I also have a tech-9 squirt gun that looks plenty real and a full sized airsoft uzi which is huge!  Definately wouldnt fit in my waist band and i'm 6'2.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Newsflash: Uzis are still banned under the 1989 import EO.

Or maybe it was a Vector?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Whatta you know, here's a newspaper story about the incident.

Man with 'Uzi' holds up gas station
By MATT COUGHLIN
Bucks County Courier Times

Matt Coughlin can be reached at 215-949-4172 or [email protected].

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top