Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 8:37:42 PM EDT
Hey guys I just ordered a 6 position Buttstock from Adco, in the rock river arms section the black one. What I wanted to know dose it come with every thing I need to install it like the car stock wrench and every thing else like the parts as well?  Thats all I needed thanks guys

ps the flash hider is next
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need to order the wrench.  Get the better 3 pronged one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not see the wrench on the Adco site , do youknow a good good web-site to order one from? Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/223-telewrench2.asp but watch the shipping, can get expensive.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks bud talk to you later
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
the buttstock is probably the hardest thing to do on a AR15 and should only be done by a professional or risk doing major damage to your gun.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the buttstock is probably the hardest thing to do on a AR15 and should only be done by a professional or risk doing major damage to your gun.  

WTF are you talking about?   It's a 10 minute job with simple tools.

Now front sights are another story.......but do-able
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Im just fucking with him  

It is very simple and should only take 10 min considering you dont lose and springs because they will fly if your not carefull
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Heres a question- Why did I need no tool to install a regular buttstock on my AR when I was building it, but everyone says you need some special wrench to install the collapsible stock? Aside from its "collapsable" feature, why would it require anything else different than the regular buttstock to install?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Im just fucking with him  

It is very simple and should only take 10 min considering you dont lose and springs because they will fly if your not carefull

Now that is good advise.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the Rock River wrench when I ordered the Rock River stock.  It works good.  Very positive grip.

It looks like they're giving them away now with the purchase of a stock.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Heres a question- Why did I need no tool to install a regular buttstock on my AR when I was building it, but everyone says you need some special wrench to install the collapsible stock? Aside from its "collapsable" feature, why would it require anything else different than the regular buttstock to install?

because there is a locking nut on the collaspable stock
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
That fixed position one looks cool, I think I will get one of those!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That fixed position one looks cool, I think I will get one of those!

I've got 2 I can sell you cheap!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top