Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:55:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish more gun-owners had balls to do that. Most of us are too afraid to make that kind of noise.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Gutsy group!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
the founding fathers would say that 30 people showing up UNarmed would be disturbing
good job by the gun owners

The sight of 30 people bearing arms at a council meeting was intimidating, several council members said.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Government needs to be reminded from time to time that THEY WORK FOR US, THE CITIZENS, not the other way around.  WE the PEOPLE are in charge, not them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
tons of "open carry" walkers protested around Ohio earlier this year to get CCW passed.
The best one was up and down the block at the governor's mansion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

These guys have the balls.....VCDL is the best!!!!!

Yup...when I lived in VA, I was a member...worked the booth at gun shows, too...VCDL ROCKS!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet those coucilmen and women shit their pants when they walked in

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what they were packing.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent. Even better: the depositions after the lawsuit is filed.

Q. Did you detain Mr. Jones?

A. Yes.

Q. What did you do?

A. I requested his identification so that I could determine whether he was a felon or otherwise barred from possessing a firearm.

Q. Why did you do that?

A. He had a handgun holstered on his hip.

Q. Is that a crime or evidence of a crime under Virginia law?

A. No.

Q. Did you have any reason to believe Mr. Jones was a felon or otherwise barred from possessing a firearm?

A. No.

Q. So, you detained him despite the fact that you had no reason to believe he was in violation of any law?

A. Yes.

Q. Please enumerate your assets.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]
VCDL rocks! Pure and simple.

They are a classic example of what can be achived on a grass roots level!

They remind me of a State version of GOA. No compromise!!

Edit to say: Every day I am safer because of VCDL.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Excellent. Even better: the depositions after the lawsuit is filed.

Q. Did you detain Mr. Jones?

A. Yes.

Q. What did you do?

A. I requested his identification so that I could determine whether he was a felon or otherwise barred from possessing a firearm.

Q. Why did you do that?

A. He had a handgun holstered on his hip.

Q. Is that a crime or evidence of a crime under Virginia law?

A. No.

Q. Did you have any reason to believe Mr. Jones was a felon or otherwise barred from possessing a firearm?

A. No.

Q. So, you detained him despite the fact that you had no reason to believe he was in violation of any law?

A. Yes.

Q. Please enumerate your assets.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

yeah really, big mistake on the city's part
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a proud member of VCDL and by far, it is the most effective pro-gun organization I've ever been involved with. We have accomplished so much at the state level. VCDL should be a model for other state and national pro-gun organizations.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#15]

With all seven council members and many residents of this little city inside the Capital Beltway firmly in the anti-gun camp, only a few officials expected any problems with the procedures.

One of my few pet peeves with NoVA. It tends to get a little elitist at times.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
God bless em'!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I think they should set up a rotating schedule to have a gun wearer enter every 30 minutes.  Then make sure the clerks call police - everytime.  After a few days of two 911 calls every hour the police would have some talks with the .gov people.

Fritz
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1361-2004Oct1.html?nav=rss_metro

The sight of 30 people bearing arms at a council meeting was intimidating, several council members said.

And there is a problem with knowing that there are people you answer to?  People that may just take measures into their own hands if you do something grevious(sp?) enough to warrant such action?  Maybe you shouldn't be serving the people if you fear angering them enough to warrant your death.  The word for today boys and girls is "Accountability."  Can you say "Accountability?"

"It was unnerving," said Vice Mayor Martha Meserve. She added: "Our staff is supposed to be on alert to look for suspicious activity, to look for terrorists, and now they're being told that if they question someone carrying a weapon, they are harassing people. You can't have it both ways."

Armed, law abiding citizens acting on their right to go about their lives with the ability to protect themselves should be commended, not scrutinized as suspicious activity.  If the Founding Fathers weren't so busy spinning at some astronomical rate right now, I am sure one of them would be happy to crawl out of their grave and slap some sense into you.  Dipshit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

With all seven council members and many residents of this little city inside the Capital Beltway firmly in the anti-gun camp, only a few officials expected any problems with the procedures.

I used to have to deal with peoples cable from there.  Alot of people with some real issues about thinking they are better then everyone else.

I dont care if someone works in DC you should have paid the bill and your service would be working
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If the Founding Fathers weren't so busy spinning at some astronomical rate right now, I am sure one of them would be happy to crawl out of their grave and slap some sense into you.  Dipshit.

+1

While I don't live in VA, I am a member of VCDL.  They were instrumental in getting VA's new non-resident and reciprocity provisions changed.

I visit VA on business and for pleasure often, and now, thanks to VCDL, I can legally protect myself while doing so.  When I saw what they have accomplished, and where they are going, I felt complelled to join.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:58:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Particularly in Falls Church city which is actually vastly different than the rest of Falls Church. They have their own library system, their own school system, their own public transportation. Imagine how much all of that would cost a city which is *maybe* a couple of miles square (and I doubt it's even that big). It also tells you the avarage income of the residents. Someone's got to pay for all of that stuff so the good people of Falls Church city don't have to sully themselves going to a Fairfax county public library.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That's why its' called OCCUPIED Northern Virginia!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Folks need to consider the bumper sticker "The 2nd Amendment Ain't about DUCK Hunting".

Gov types SHOULD feel intimidated!  The 2nd is about keeping THEM under OUR control.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My sister lives in McClean, and believe you me, you ain't whistling Dixie. There is a decidedly "We're better than the hicks in the rest of the state" attitude about the place....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm glad this is getting recognition - people in Virginia are taking an active part changing things at a State and local level and it's paying off!  If any of you in Virginia are not members of VCDL, you should really consider joining (www.vcdl.org)

You may want to change the title of your thread, though.  Even though the newspapers claimed we staged a protest and were an organized group, in actuality it was just ~30 people who all showed up to the same event who were not organized and not there to intimidate.  VCDL has an alert e-mail system to let people know about meetings such as this so many Virginia citizens found out about the meeting.  Since we passed complete preemption on July 1 this year you can carry into any public premises not prohibited by Federal law.  It is very common to have 30-50 openly armed people in the General Assembly when firearms laws are heard.  

The only reason this made the news is because it was in occupied territory and they don't want to give it back!  The councilmembers exemplify exactly why we passed preemption - to keep people like them from imposing their personal biases or phobias on all of us.  It's been a great year in Virginia!!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Occupied NoVa, I like that.  And Mickey Mouse, cool idea for a bumper sticker (or helmet sticker for the motorcycle folks). I'd put it right next to my "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun one," and wedge the "I see the Fuck Up Fairy has visited us again" sticker in there too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:10:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

These guys have the balls.....VCDL is the best!!!!!

Yes, we have balls aplenty. That's why I joined.

The VCDL has done a great deal to educate police and .gov officials about the law, and wherever we find pre-emption violations we go after them.

Guns in the hands of the law abiding are NO threat. It is high friggin time that these little piss-ant .gov officials learned that.

BTW -- Comparing the VCDL members to "Armed gangs" will most certainly get Mr. VanCleave's dander up. We are not armed criminals. We are citizens who pay taxes, go to church, contribute to the community and to society, and only use violence as a last resort.

The mere comparison is an insult to the citizens of our Commonwealth.

If we are an "armed gang" then the police are an even bigger and more dangerous one. After all, that "armed gang" can buy machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
God bless em'!!!!

+1

VCDL...ROCKS!

More gun rights groups should do this kind of thing. I'd be all in and would gladly spend some personal time at protests like this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister lives in McClean, and believe you me, you ain't whistling Dixie. There is a decidedly "We're better than the hicks in the rest of the state" attitude about the place....

Yup, or Yuppie I should say. Wish I had known about that little shendig..it would have been worth taking the ime off from work!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It tends to get a little elitist at times.

Haven't lived here long, huh?

Just kidding!

VCDL rocks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#31]
*bumps this up so hubby can see it*
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
----------------VCDL----------------
------------------|------------------
------------------|------------------
------------------V------------------

-----------------^---------------------
--------------ARFCOM---------------
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Smokycity wrote:

Occupied NoVa, I like that. And Mickey Mouse, cool idea for a bumper sticker (or helmet sticker for the motorcycle folks). I'd put it right next to my "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun one," and wedge the "I see the Fuck Up Fairy has visited us again" sticker in there too.

Well, actually, it already IS a bumper sticker.Available from Citizens Committee RKBA, Liberty PArk, 12500 N.E. Tenth Pl., Bellevue WA   98005

www.ccrkba.org/

They have other good ones and they only cost $ .50!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm still waiting for my VCDL membership packet.  I need to give them a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top