Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 10:17:15 AM EDT
It turns out that 940 AM down in South Florida has turned into the Communist Broadcasting Service, with a signal so powerful you can pick it up almost as far as Orlando.

Driving up to Ocala yesterday was a nightmare because there was NOTHING but that CRAP on!

So, is AirAmerika actually making any money? I tried googling Arbitron and Neilsen Ratings, but I didn't have any luck. Would be nice to see how 940AM is doing against 610AM.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it before, so probably not too much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Good grief, man!

It's the network where Al Franken thinks he's the new Rush Limbaugh!

Where you been?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If the liberals hate us so much why do they try to copy us?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Where you been?

No where near Floridian radio.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard that assclown bragging on Leno about being on at 11.30 Sunday nights.

Yeah, thats when i'm most likely to be listening to the radio. I wonder just how big an audience hes got during that timeslot and who are they. Maybe the old broad finishing up the last of her bottle of vodka. Or the stoners that are too zoned out to change the channel after the rock station goes off the air. Or maybe the oddball that has Monday off work and nothing better to do but listen to the radio at 11.30 on Sunday nights. hahaha
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Not according to most reports. They are pretty much paying stations to put it on. We have it on in Denver now. I try to monitor it. Randi Rhoads is the most listenable, and Al Franken is a very bad radio host.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where you been?

No where near Floridian radio.

It's all over the country. It just seems they went out of their way to make South Florida a beacon, though.

Gee, I wonder why?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not according to most reports. They are pretty much paying stations to put it on. We have it on in Denver now. I try to monitor it. Randi Rhoads is the most listenable, and Al Franken is a very bad radio host.

I remember when that bitch was on in South Florida after Rush back in 2000. She was SPITTING NAILS the day after Gore (finally!) conceded.

It was great to hear!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's all over the country.

Completely absent here, so apparently not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell no, I heard they had like 12-15 affiliates, that is fucking pathetic they have no corporate sponsors either. All private Soros style contributions, they didn't pay their bill up here in Chicago and they got pulled off the air the first day they were late.

In Chicago we have Mancow who is actually quite conservative, and kinda progun. When the AWB expired one of his regulars n the show asked him if he had a gun. there was a long pause and then he responded, "You can't legally own a gun in Chicago that's all I'm gonna say" They all laughed, he certainly gets it.

He had a funny fake commerical on the other day, "Mancow brought to you by Allah, read his book or die!" I was rolling.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In Chicago we have Mancow who is actually quite conservative, and kinda progun..

He's awesome. He's on Fox & Friends all the time in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Colorado's Air America claims to come from a "Progressive" radio staion out of Boulder. But actually all the ads on the station are making money for Clear Channel, the evil empire that keeps Rush Limbaugh in cigars.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought that show folded?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all over the country.

Completely absent here, so apparently not.

Count yourself lucky, my friend. I didn't know my radio was so resilient, but after reproducing THAT crap, I think it can handle ANYTHING!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top