Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:52:03 AM EDT
Link

Bushites, we're told, tend to dwell in red states (read: rural) and belong to the newest category - the "Retro" group. They lean toward evangelical Christian beliefs, tote guns, attend NASCAR races and prefer God in their Pledge of Allegiance. They are, in other words, ignorant, bigoted, intolerant and un-evolved. Or so we are to infer.

This was in the Indianapolis star this morning. I however was unable to find it linked on their webpage.
The point in red, was left out of the Star. Would love to hear some opinions on this from other "ignorant, bigoted, intolerant and un-evolved" folks like me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
EXCUSE ME?!  I'm sorry.. but that [explitive deleted] needs a big fat boot to the skull.  She is calling me/us ignorant?  She must not have any mirrors in her little $1500/mth 10th floor METRO apartment.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
[darth vader] Do not underestimate the power of the retro side [/darth vader]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
EXCUSE ME?!  I'm sorry.. but that [explitive deleted] needs a big fat boot to the skull.  She is calling me/us ignorant?  She must not have any mirrors in her little $1500/mth 10th floor METRO apartment.

No, she was rhetorically explaining the positions of the left.

Apparently, the Indy rag cut out the sentence fragment which made that clear.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been called worse. That is usually how it goes when Democrats are losing. They don't think twice about name calling. Nothing new here.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like she was clearly making fun of the left in her piece.

Did any of you guys bother to actually follow the link and read the column?

Kerryites, by contrast, tend to occupy the blue metropolitan, and therefore cosmopolitan, areas. They are, of course, wildly sophisticated, tolerant, educated and progressive.

They also apparently enjoy conducting surveys and crunching data, as Retros are too busy harvesting crops and trucking them to inner-city markets for the nourishment of the Starbucks and low-glycemic carb set to dabble long in the obsessive-compulsive exercise of counting, labeling and cataloging America's appetites.

I also noted a banner ad on the page for a book titled Intellectual Morons.

It is startling how many Americans fall for cockamamie ideas that a child can see through. The trouble is, their lies become institutionalized as truth, and we all suffer as a result. Why are liberals such easy prey for stupid ideas? Daniel J. Flynn reveals the answer in Intellectual Morons.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Seems like she was clearly making fun of the left in her piece.

Did any of you guys bother to actually follow the link and read the column?

Kerryites, by contrast, tend to occupy the blue metropolitan, and therefore cosmopolitan, areas. They are, of course, wildly sophisticated, tolerant, educated and progressive.

They also apparently enjoy conducting surveys and crunching data, as Retros are too busy harvesting crops and trucking them to inner-city markets for the nourishment of the Starbucks and low-glycemic carb set to dabble long in the obsessive-compulsive exercise of counting, labeling and cataloging America's appetites.

I also noted a banner ad on the page for a book titled Intellectual Morons.

It is startling how many Americans fall for cockamamie ideas that a child can see through. The trouble is, their lies become institutionalized as truth, and we all suffer as a result. Why are liberals such easy prey for stupid ideas? Daniel J. Flynn reveals the answer in Intellectual Morons.

now that I read it again, yeah, i can see that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top