Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 12:26:51 PM EDT
Wondering if he meant just Army SF (which is what Special Forces refers to) or the entire Special Ops community would double in size?

I did some quick and dirty math for 2 divisions and doubleing Army SF (with 50% drop out, that just popped out of my head) and came up with a minimum of 50,000 people. I figure somebody here would know a better number.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They could just make everyone a Special Op. Hell they did it in the past with the barrettes. Now every one wears one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
2 divisions

and

double the size of SOF

+1 Dupe
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 Dupe

I looked around and didn't see another thread that answered my question. If you know of it, then link it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Dupe

I looked around and didn't see another thread that answered my question. If you know of it, then link it.

Kerry to add (2) Army divisions, double Spec Forces, but Bush is going to implement Draft?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Dupe

Kerry to add (2) Army divisions, double Spec Forces, but Bush is going to implement Draft?

I don't see any numbers in there on how many recruits it would require to build up the forces Kerry is talking about.  That's what I'm asking for.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention the cost $$
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The only way he can create these new divisions is by instituting the draft. President Bush missed a great opportunity to throw the draft BS right back at the dems. Or maybe he is creating a clone army in secret. Just like the his"500,000 teachers" to fix the President's "failed" no child left behind program. That's it! He's cloning himself! That's how he plans on filling all these positions. Clones. What an asshole, I hate that fuckstick. He pukes me out to even look at him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
i'll let you in on a little secret....................................................kerry is a lying sack of shit!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do we have to expand the military?  France and Germany will give us all the troops we need if Kerry's president.  How do I know?  Because he told me, you stupidhead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
If I were still in the military, I would resign my commission the day Kerry was inaugurated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Depending on the type of division, 3 divisions could be 45-60,000+ easy.  And where are you going to put 3 divisions with the ones in Europe coming home?  You can put one at Ft. Polk as it is divisionless right now but most other posts are full up.  And depending on what you call special forces, that could be another 10,000 easy.  Ballpark 50-75,000 troops.  How's he going to pay their salaries, buy the equipment and maintain 3 more divisions?  I hear his train coming in to IMAGINATION STATION.

jd1  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Well they could reopen some of the numerous closed bases to house the new divisions, but yes, the equipment will cost.  Of course, a good start would be equipment brought back from Germany (in effect, cancelling Reforger).  What's a division cost, 1-2 billion $? Chump change, when they're running a $400+ billion deficit. Take it out of corporate welfare, or grants to investigate the love life of chimps (being facetious here)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top