Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 7:02:58 AM EDT
If Paramount Pictures or some other movie company came out with a 9/11 would you go and watch it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. For some reason, every documentary, every film, every commemoration offers a little bit of comfort and helps to put it behind me.

A movie like that would be tough to pull off in a tasteful manner. IMO, if it was done, all profits should be donated to 9/11 charities.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#3]
NO, I ain't watched any of the crap they've had so far and anyone making money off the tragedy of others should be taken about back and dealt with permanently, IMO!

We've become a sick society when hollywood is allowed to profit off the sorrow of innocents.

YMMV,
Mike

added: besides...... been there, seen it! (watched it all day live)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes. For some reason, every documentary, every film, every commemoration offers a little bit of comfort and helps to put it behind me.

I think we're talking about the typical Hollywood production, where the terrorists would suddenly become WASP terrorists, armed to the teeth with black rifles, and where one Tango would have a torrid love affair with one of the stewardeses, which is how they smuggled the weapons aboard, etc.

No way in hell I'll see a "dramatization" of 9/11 under any circumstances.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think we're talking about the typical Hollywood production, where the terrorists would suddenly become WASP terrorists, armed to the teeth with black rifles, and where one Tango would have a torrid love affair with one of the stewardeses, which is how they smuggled the weapons aboard, etc.

Yeah, I guess I should've thrown out the caveat that this movie should be historically accurate w/o a bunch of Hollywood embellishment ala Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I guess I should've thrown out the caveat that this movie should be historically accurate w/o a bunch of Hollywood embellishment ala Pearl Harbor.

If that's the caveat, then yes, I'll see it, just like I watch any 9/11 documentary.

I won't watch Pearl Harbor beause of the absolute crap job they did during the attack (which I have seen). So many planes buzzing around looking like a damn beehive, with the planes doing mach 2 between the buildings. SPARE ME!

I can only conclude that the rest of the movie sucked putrid dingo kidneys.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]
You mean other than Michael Moore's?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a very good movie about the events of 9/11 on showtime that showed our President in a very good light.  It did not appear to be biased toward the left at all.  In fact, it shows the President putting Hilary in her place by saying we are not going to shoot any 10 million dollar cruise missiles into a 10 dollar empty tent and hit a camel in the behind....

www.imdb.com/title/tt0353042/
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Documentary -- Yes
Dramatization -- No f'ng way  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

the real thing was enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody remember the fictional 1974 Irwin Allen movie Towering Inferno starring the Steve McQueen? It has a somewhat similar plot.

Towering Inferno
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top