Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:16:52 PM EDT
Is there a place that has the votes so I can check?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
+1, I want to thank them for not dicking with the constitution.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
+1, I want to thank them for not dicking with the constitution.

+2
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the answer then?  The states pass laws, that are not unconstitutional, only to have them ruled unconstitutional in court.  So what recourse do the states have if they wish to stop some activity?

Do I like the idea of an amendment? No.  
Do I believe the states should be able to decide what they want in their own border? Yes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
But then you run into equal protection where if one state accepts it, then they move to a state that does not, they want to force that state to accept it. This is why I feel you cannot leave it up to the states to decide. You might as well make it legal nationwide now and save us all that time and money fighting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top