Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 7:38:14 PM EDT
I'll admit it, I was expecting more out of President Bush than what he delivered. I was hoping that he would clobber Lurch, and he didn't. That's not to say that I think that the President did poorly, I was just hoping that he would put this dog to sleep.

Now, here is the question. Will the debates make a difference? If people were still undecided this morning, do you think that they were watching this debate? If someone was undecided, did either cantidate show enough to push you over the edge?

I don't think very many undecideds were watching, and I don't think either cantidate showed anything new or dazzeling. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If Bush had put the hammer down tonight, Kerry was through. As it is, Kerry's campaign got CPR tonight and is breathing again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
the debates will have very little to zero effect on election day UNLESS one candidate makes a huge, glaring mistake in one of them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I think after all the data is ANALyzed, the Media will determine who won the debate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the debates will have very little to zero effect on election day UNLESS one candidate makes a huge, glaring mistake in one of them.

Like dropping over dead.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, the votes that are up for grabs NEED these debates to see who they will vote for.

If they know the issue's, they would have their mind made up already.

That's my point. If after a terrorist attack, 2 wars and all of the economic changes we have gone through you are still undecided, did you spend your Thursday evening watching these 2 go on and on and on about Iraq?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
IMO, the only people that bothered to watch the debates have already made up their minds and know where each candidate stands on the major issues. Those that did not bother to watch are unlikely to even go out and vote or are ignorant about the issues and are content to remain that way. So I think the debates will have little effect on the polls or the outcome of the election.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think after all the data is ANALyzed, the Media will determine who won the debate.

And THAT is where the gamble is... the GW team is betting Against and the Kerry freaks
are betting ON the fact that being the more agresive in the debates will help them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm voting for Bush no matter what happens in the debates.

Kerry is a lying, Communist and will never be my Prresident.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
NO!!!!

Again, as Dick Morris pointed out the other day that the debates are about meaningless unless one really fucks up.  Didn't happen tonight.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top