Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2004 5:50:54 PM EDT
I hate to say this, but Kerry seems very polished tonight.  Bush seems to be searching for words.  Is anyone playing a drinking game on skerry's "I fought in Vietnam"?

What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I tend to agree with the fact that Kerry is looking a little better!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno. He seems to be dodging some questions. He's nervous. His hands are shaking...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Kerry's shooting blanks.

This debate is about perception.  Kerry has back-peddled several times and Bush is driving forward aggressively.

On the split-screen some of the networks have been running Kerry is nodding in agreement to GW's points ("I Concur"??? lol).

So far to me George has this one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I say he is winning...but I'm still voting for bush

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Kerry is writing a lot of notes, and W is doing his patented "podium lean". Kerry seems to be sinking his own ship, but even after 4 years of hearing it, I still cringe whenever Bush makes a verbal stumble.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On the split-screen some of the networks have been running Kerry is nodding in agreement to GW's points ("I Concur"???)

Wow, I wonderhow many kerry supporters are totally oblivious at how many of the same 'mistakes' Bush made, that Kerry would have agreed with and actually done the exact same.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Dunno. Couldn't stand more than 30 seconds of Kerry speaking. He's just too full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Kerry is killing Bush.  Bush looks defensive and on his heels.   I wish the Bush that showed up on Oriely was the same guy that showed up tonight, I don't think thats the case.  This makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
ya, i'd say the little cum guzzling queen is winning thus far........................but only because GW is pulling punches, i suppose trying to look "Presidential" by not bitch slapping that ugly turd like he fucking OUGHT to be doing
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a Bush supporter. But in the eyes of the average American, I believe he's getting shellaced.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
then why does he look so PALE???

SOB looks like a zombie; get your ARs!!!

otoh, i dont care if keey is winning the debate, just as long he LOSES the ELECTION!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess it's all a matter of how you see things- I thought Bush made Kerry stumble on quite a few points, and Kerry is just delivering predictable, uncharismatic comebacks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Bush is now hitting his groove.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree that Bush is not as polished but I have been really pleased by what he has said.  His words are strong and he is smoking Kerry on content if not presentation.

Sure is easy to be a backseat driver second guessing every action taken by the man in the hot seat.  I find that tact totally unconvincing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
... why don't you put up a poll?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Every time Kerry suggests a "summit" as the cure for every international ill, Bush looks better and better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
As much as I hate to say it, it appears Skerry is beating Dubya pretty badly. Bush is stumbling all over himself.

That does not change where they both stand on the issues, but to the average dumbass watching the debate, Skerry is gonna look a WHOOOOOOOOLE lot more appealing to them, because his politician bluster is better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a little worried personally...

Kerry's problem is that he takes what Bush is doing and says "I'll do that and MORE"... and he says it with enough conviction and sleight of hand (he's slicker than Bush is) that I'm sure there are people out there that are falling for his message.

That is very disturbing to me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#19]
"In the councils of government there must be certainty in the office of the president"

Paraphrasing. But once in a while our guy stumbles the RIGHT way !
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
45 states

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
no way he gets 45 states

I think Bush will win, but he is definitely losing this debate :(

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
 I just found out how rabidly demorat my in laws are   They're staying the night here at our place and watching the debate and everytime Pres. says something my mother in law fires back a comment. I had to punch out and pop some beers before I go insane I'm getting to the point where I want to march right downstairs, turn off the debate, and pop in my Anti-Skerry dvd and watch their heads spin till they puke
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh man this isn't  looking good at all.  Kerry's great strenght like Clintons is that he is a polished use cars saleman.  Bush in not.  15 more minutes and its over.  It can't get here soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
... why don't you put up a poll?

There ya go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#25]
did i just vote bush just b/c i dont like the idea of kerry winning any poll????
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Kerry earned a solid victory, not in substance, but in delivery and style.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Several time Kerry kept linking domestic policts with foriegn policy... Bush called him on it earlier in the debate...

Lear is a dick... he through Kerry a softball question in the context of one of his treasonous he made upon returning from vietnam.... there are many other questions ways Lear could have asked that question... instead he basiscally made it sound as of whatever Kerry said post vietnam was fine.

Bush missed a golden oppurtunity to point out that when Kerry voted against the funding for Iraq,,, he voted against funding for the "body armour" that he only minutes before said our troops were lacking.

I think Bush needs to just keep driving forward. He'll win the election just fine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Every time Kerry suggests a "summit" as the cure for every international ill, Bush looks better and better.

Unless it's for dealing with North Korea, because for them we have to ignore Russia, China, Japan, and South Korea and just go 1 on 1 with NK.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Bush just put the smack down on kerry on N. Korea.  He won that by a mile.  I hope the last question goes well for him.  

.....not looking good....dang he stumbles for the words.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Kerry needs a home run but he's not getting one. Is he winning? Yep, but by a field goal.
I know I mixed metaphors.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Bush has made an amateurish mistake in letting Kerry run the debate. Quit responding to all of Kerry's bullshit accusations and say what he is planning to do for this country. He'll look better for the second debate. Unfortunately Kerry has the advantage of just running for election and Bush has to be President also. Long, tough job even on a good day I am sure and his Presidency has been one with innumerable challenges.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Bush missed a golden oppurtunity to point out that when Kerry voted against the funding for Iraq,,, he voted against funding for the "body armour" that he only minutes before said our troops were lacking.

Nope.  He nailed it on him earlier.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Kerry was slicking it in... fuck him and his INTERNATIONAL SUMMITS, the HAGUE and his lies - OMG VIETNAM, and JFK mentioned one more fucking time!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#35]
what happens when they miss your forehead and get you in the dick with botox????
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Bush is such a poor debater.  I find myself yelling at the TV where Kerry misspeaks or plain lies about his record...and W just repeats the same canned lines.

I'm voting for W, no doubt, but geeeesh...... he was NOT on his game tonight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Bush

SKerry went off point at least six times. The president countered nearly ever point SKerry tried to make that went againts his core values.

I'm very anti-social and find it hard to get up and speek in front of a crowd.
I couldn't imagine getting up in front of 100 million - 1 billion people.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Bush had  a decent closing statement...thats about it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I started watching in the middle,Bush did stutter alot,but he stayed on message that Kerry's aflip flopper.Kerry didn't really say anything...Lookk at his closing statement,he basically said he'd do all the stuff we're obviously already doing...his big "plan" WTF?

The Pres closed much better.

Agreed,Kerry slick,paint on tan and all,but no substance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Bush looked good in the final two minutes for sure but he had a bad night at the podium overall.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm thinking that Kerry should get a good bounce out of this.  I guess we'll have to keep an eye on electoralvote.com early next week for an indication of the bounce.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw part of the debate.

Bush was horrible.
I can only pray that Kerry was worse.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'm thinking that Kerry should get a good bounce out of this.  I guess we'll have to keep an eye on electoralvote.com early next week for an indication of the bounce.

I wouldn't expect much. Bush didn't call Kerry on plenty of bullshit and people will either be aware or will be made so. An example was Kerry blaming Bush for what went down in N. Korea. All Clinton. All of it. They both knew it but Kerry knew Bush wouldn't and couldn't say so.

Kerry was full of shit. As always. But he is well polished shit. He got some lessons form Slick Willy on how to lie with a straight face, would be my guess.
Bush should have called him on his bullshit rather than responding to every criticism Kerry leveled, most all unwarranted. The People know for the most part and most of them support the President. Others just choose to ignore the facts like 3rd graders humming with their hands over their ears.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
45 states

SGtar15

Forty-five states!!!1@?

What about CALIFORNIA?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#45]
The real question isn't about the debate.  Just ask yourself, if you were hanging by a rope over a cliff who would probably save your sorry A$$?

Bush=You're a man in need that's good enough for me.

Kerry= Well let me check with the group. We'll have to vote to see if your sorry butt it worth saving to us.  Oh BTW is your grip getting tired, we've almost come to a decision.

Now apply the same thought process to defending our America!  Which makes you feel more trusting?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]
You guys keep saying Bush stumbled for words etc....

Who cares?  When people in middle America see that, they think he is like me.  He talks like me, or the guy I work with, or my neighbor.  Joe Scarborough(sp) said this on PMSNBC and I think he is right about that.

The "elites" keep talking about the breadth in which Kerry spoke about the issues.  Well, from where I sat, Bush corrected Kerry on 2 or 3 things which he didn't know WT he was talking about.  Most notably about Iran breaking the treaty buy enriching uranium, not whatever Kerry said about plutonium.

I'm only dissapointed that Bush didn't deliver the huge knockout punch.  He left Kerry in the race.  They just need to keep going hard on Kerry about his flip flop on Iraq.  Hell, they can use his own debate words against him.  

He called the war a mistake, then said our troops are not fighting for a mistake.  Well, which is it.  He tried to have it both ways.  In the end, when the 90 minutes gets disected, Bush will be the one on top.  Wait and see.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
1) Kerry was more polished. If this was a beauty contest, Kerry won.

2) On the other hand, Bush's persistant attacks on Kerry's indecisiveness & his positions on the war were well played... While he missed the chance to attack kerry on the russian nuke bullshit (NONE of the proliferating countries are using stolen material from decommissioned soviet weapons), Bush's repetative attacks will make it thru to viewers, and reinforce the one image that has been killing Kerry lately, the flip-flop issue....

Since people will be watching for ISSUES, not appearances (everyone knows Bush's speaking style by now), I say advantage: Bush.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
1) Kerry was more polished. If this was a beauty contest, Kerry won.

2) On the other hand, Bush's persistant attacks on Kerry's indecisiveness & his positions on the war were well played... While he missed the chance to attack kerry on the russian nuke bullshit (NONE of the proliferating countries are using stolen material from decommissioned soviet weapons), Bush's repetative attacks will make it thru to viewers, and reinforce the one image that has been killing Kerry lately, the flip-flop issue....

Since people will be watching for ISSUES, not appearances (everyone knows Bush's speaking style by now), I say advantage: Bush.

That's an excellent point on Russia.  They just aren't turning out to be the sort of problem we thought they would be back in 1991.  Bush did miss out on telling us that the US secured something like 100 tons of nuclear material in Iraq, plus much more inb Libya.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Bush is such a poor debater...

... So?

... You vote for substance or style?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Bush is now hitting his groove.

kerry did NOT meet his campaign expectations in a long shot.

if the general populous thought he actually won, we are doomed!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top