Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:45 PM EDT
Will the President demonstrate his command of events, or will he duck and weave?

Will John Kerry act human, to everyone's surprise?

Who will win, and why?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
AClay47: good to see you here.  You were one of the most intelligent posters on ak-47.net, and then you just dissapeared, vanished into the thin air.  Jolly good to see you here as a contributor.

I am realy nervous about this debate.  Bush is smart, but not a good orator.  He seems to stumble and pauses often searching for words.  Sometimes he gets stumped by the questions and starting to gasp for thoughts.

I hope he'll do better than usual in the debate.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I expect John Kerry to look like the liar he is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They had a big thing on the news about it. I dont expect too much, I think its pretty well scripted out already. who knows, but im goin to watch it and yell at the TV anyways. lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I expect a miracle
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i want to see big beads of sweat just pouring of kerrys head...enough so that it gets made into a snl skit. hearing him stammer and seing a very obvious fake tan would be nice too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I anticipate the media to say Kerry won, whether he did or not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
With Carville and Begglia(sp) coaching Kerry, you can expect to hear lies, accusations, and a nasty tone to the debate.  I hope that president Bush takes the high road as he did against Gore.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Kerry will appear stiff and arrogant, Bush calm and friendly. He will bring up Kerry's flip flops, and Kkerry will try to insult him.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i want to see big beads of sweat just pouring of kerrys head...enough so that it gets made into a snl skit. hearing him stammer and seing a very obvious fake tan would be nice too.

Like I said, a miracle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush: True answers to the questions. Stating his point and nothing more.

Kerry: Obnoxious, spin, evasive, turning the question into an  attack on Bush. And never ever truthfully answering the question.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Kerry is going to look like the preachy EU and UN tool that he is.  Bush will look like a human being.  The American Eurotrash will still vote for Kerry, but sentient beings will prefer a man with clear and unwavering conviction even if he doesn't have the oratory skills of William F. Buckley (who I like).

Let's hope I'm right!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Two gallons of Flop Sweat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually, I'd like to see a fight.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Kerry meltdown.

-LS
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
A 3 way debate, Bush, Kerry1 and Kerry2.    
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#16]
kerry is going to act like a conservative.  the first debate is about national security and he knows that, it wouldn't suprise me if he advocated going after iran.  i suspect around this time tom. we will be saying how kerry deservers an oscar for the acting he is doing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
AClay47: good to see you here.  You were one of the most intelligent posters on ak-47.net, and then you just dissapeared, vanished into the thin air.  Jolly good to see you here as a contributor.

Those are very kind words.  Thank you!  It's good to know I already have friends here!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I expect Kerry to confuse the hell out of everyone, and the media to declare it a clear victory for Kerry, signalling a dramatic turnaround in his once-flagging campaign.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont see what happens changing that much
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
They will both give their stump speeches. Nothing major. BUSH WILL WIN IN NOV.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Bush to hand Kerry an ass whoopin....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I expect Bush to calmly beat the crap out of Kerry and NOBODY in the press to acknowledge it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I expect Bush to calmly beat the crap out of Kerry and NOBODY in the press to acknowledge it.

Yes everyone but fox will show how good Kerry was, they will play and replay and replay again Kerry's best moments.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think Kerry is going to look like the preachy EU and UN tool that he is.  Bush will look like a human being.  The American Eurotrash will still vote for Kerry, but sentient beings will prefer a man with clear and unwavering conviction even if he doesn't have the oratory skills of William F. Buckley (who I like).

Let's hope I'm right!

Yep- said with the oratory skills of W.F B himself.  

Pray that Bush stays on script, and doesent give the Libs any soundbites.  Pray that Kerry comes across as the mean lying bastard that he is.  Kerry is desperate, Bush only has to tie, to win.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
sKerry could eat a baby live on TV, have a seizure and then have his eyes turn red, rotate his head 360 degrees and projetile vomit on a priest,  and the media would STILL say he won.

+1
I don't expect Jack Shit from the debates.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#27]
None of them will talk about illegal immigration and how our borders are still open and that it cost 5 billion dollars in california tax payers alone..
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#28]
It is Bush's debate to lose. sKerry is on the ropes, and this is his last chance.  I expect sKerry to try to change the subject alot, and dodge the questions.  Bush will likely keep it short and too the point.  If there are no fireworks, then Bush will win.  If sKerry can draw Bush into a flame war, the Kerry can win.  Bush makes for better sound bites, so I think that will be a big advantage.  Hopefully he can avoid trying to give complicated answers. GWB gets tripped up when he tries to explain things.  sKerry has to try to get in shots and insults, and avoid his gibberish doubletalk.  

Overall I expect a slight Bush victory.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
sKerry could eat a baby live on TV, have a seizure and then have his eyes turn red, rotate his head 360 degrees and projetile vomit on a priest,  and the media would STILL say he won.

I'd pay $20 right now to get a DVD of that...

Honestly, I dont know what to expect.  I will have to wade through all the BS on TV after it though, as I cant watch it at work.  Not that I particularly like watching Bush debate, its like nails down a chalkboard for me.  Sorry, but that is the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I will be staying as far away as possible so that I don't have to listen to either of them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Kerry is a very adept liar.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I expect (0r wish) that Bush would whip out a Colt and pistol whip sKerry while calling him a Globalist commie fuctard as blood sprays all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Bush warmed up with O'Riley, Kerry warmed up with Sawyer.

I wonder who is more prepared for tough questions and a stressful environment?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top