Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 2:32:52 PM EDT
I just placed an order last week and was telling a guy at the range about it.  He came back with "Those guys suck, they take forever, everything's always out of stock."

Monday I hadn't gotten a package yet, so I emailed them.  No response.  So then I tried to call them, twice.  No one picks up the phone.  So then I sent a message via their comment form.  No dice.  Finally got ahold of someone on their LiveChat.  She tells me-surprise!-that my order's being held because some of my items are out of stock and she can't give me an ETA.  They offer to ship the items that are IN stock right now and ship the rest later at no extra charge, which I felt was cool of them.  I did complain that they should either A. Update their website regarding what they do/don't have in stock B. Send customers a notification that their order is going to be late.  This was yesterday morning.

Today I check the tracking number and they still haven't shipped the package.

ETA, three weeks later:  I call them and email them repeatedly and finally get in touch with someone there last week via live chat, on Monday I believe.  No package had been shipped.  After about an hour trying to chat with the customer rep she finally tells me that certain items I ordered are backordered.  Yeah, I know already.  So what's backordered?  

"Well...we don't have the Surefire you ordered in OD, only in black."  

(silence)

"AND?"  

"That's it, sir.  Would you like the black instead?"

(Barely restrained rage) "Yes, I'd like the black."

(Ten more minutes pass)

"OK, sir, I've got a number you can call to change your order..."

About 45 minutes later I finally get ahold of someone on the phone.  She tells me that she's fixing the problem and the package will ship that day.  

That day was Monday the 11th.  The tracking page is still showing the items unshipped.

I've had the Live Chat window open for over an hour this afternoon.  About 45 minutes ago I had this conversation:

Vilma:  Hi! How Can I
Help You!!

you: Hi, I'd like to find out if my order has shipped yet.
you: Hello?
you: Hello?

Vilma has yet to respond.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If your patient the prices are worth it.

They also send me extra shit that I didn't order on 4 different occasions. I tried to send it back the first time ($100 tac holster) they would not reply to my email so I kept it. Same with the other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
OMFG!!!!!

You have been a member here for two years and have to ask???
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ooops.  Weird.  I've never seen Botach come up on the board before.  I guess I'll keep my Al Pacino question to myself, then, in case that's alreay been covered as well.

Quoted:
I'm gonna copyright this

"Botach, the internet tactical roulette wheel"

I take it that folk's experience w/Botach has varied somewhat?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
They are a mess over all. I ordered some IMI ammo about 2 years ago. They charged my debit card. 2 months later no ammo, I finally called them and got a foreigner who spoke little english. I was told it was back ordered. One month later my ammo arrived, twice what I ordered. I checked my bank account and no I was only charged for what I acctually ordered. Dumb fucks
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
While I have only ordered from them a few times, I have never had any problems with them.   In fact, on one order, they seamed to bend over backwards to cotnact me to let me know they were out, then called me back the next day when their supplies came in.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a sticky on GT about Botach ... there is a reason.  Avoid them.

Botach is the worst
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I've ordered from them about 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years. I've had decent service, although sometimes shipping's delayed a day or two more than I'd expect. But I don't mind because of some awesome prices I've found. Haven't ever been ignored, and although some things were out of stock when ordered (Meprolight AR15 sights) I recieved them within a couple weeks w/ no extra shipping charges. Non-order related emails for info or prices have taken up to a week to get answered. They sometimes offer even lower prices to LE/Govt, depending on the item.

Sounds like they're giving some of you a hosing . Hope they can pull their stuff together cause they do have a decent collection of stuff. Anyone ever been into their physical storefront?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Some one pass the popcorn, and get me a beer while you're up!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm gonna copyright this

Yeap!

I never got screwed by them but I know if I buy from them it's only a matter of time before I have a little horror story of my own.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
If you live around the LA, CA area Botach is an awesome resource to go to for tactical supplies.  I've been there on numerous times for "things", luckily they've always had what I wanted.  Those who have been there are usually surprised at their location (south of the 10 freeway/not a place I want to be at night unarmed).  Those who live in the LA area should make a trip there and perhaps act as "gophers" for ARF.comers since they can always ask in person for product X.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]
placed an order for a Hogue pistol grip today, $16.  Bushmaster wanted $30 for the same grip.  If it shows up in the next couple of weeks they are good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have used them quite a few times, they were great, only place with better shipping is Fredericks...HEHEHEHE hey got to go Mrs Wind has some new stuff to try on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmmmmm. Two cases of getting stuff they did not order or pay for. I may try and order some cheap $5 part and see what extras the Botach lottery gives me
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope . And after all of the crap here I have read about them I never will.

Thanx Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I never really had a problem with them, and I ordered a lot of stuff from them. One time when I ordered a Storm Hardigg waterproof case, they didn't have it in stock, and called me to say so. Then they said they would ship me the next size up at no extra charge.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had good luck a couple times, but quit using them after hearing all the bad
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump 'cause I'm angry, damn it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#24]
If you think BOTACH is bad, you really should try RGUNS or COAL CREEK ARMORY.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]
The trick to dealing with Botach is to do your shopping on their site, but when it is time to order, call them on the phone and confirm that everything is in stock.  I've ordered from them several times with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#26]
First bad experience, shame on them. Second bad experience, shame on me.
There's never been a third time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe I just got lucky, but I just ordered a GG&G MAD for about $20 less than anywhere else and got it no problem.  I'm happy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The trick to dealing with Botach is to do your shopping on their site, but when it is time to order, call them on the phone and confirm that everything is in stock.  I've ordered from them several times with no problems.

+1

eg:  They were offering the Surefire A2 Aviator light for some outrageously low price ($129 or something).  I wanted the blue LED.  Good thing I called to check stock first, since they were out of them, but never bothered to update their site. They had the white LED model, so I ordered over the phone and had it in my hands in less than a week (left coast to east).  

They are a bunch of disorganized Israelis that are probably here on some spying mission and using Botach as cover.  I'll take the cheap prices from them.  Or maybe it's the Israeli way of doing business - - just move the merchandise and worry about the details later.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Remember Botach is to be used for IN STOCK Ammo orders ONLY!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I've placed 5-6 orders with them over the last 4 years and have been lucky that everything has always been correct and i've always received my orders in less than a week (and thats CA to NY).  And the reason that most of the people you deal with have thick accents is that they are Israeli.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
After 14 weeks Vilma finally wrote me concerning my JUNE order.

I wrote back asking how many more weeks it would take to fill the order.

How hard is it to come up with some web gear and gogles

I don't know how hard is it for another vendor to come up with, a webgear pouch,  Wiley glasses, a sling, and Surefire batteries?

I've gotten 1 item so far from a 4 item order placed on 7/7/2004, and it wasn't the batteries!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I order a Aimpoint ML 2 a few months ago, they had the best price.  After about a month of waiting I called and they said they didnt have it.  I asked them why they didnt call or email me, and they said they were expecting it in the next few months.  I cancelled the order and got it from Midway.
    In there defence no company could possible stock all the items in there web site.  they have thousand of Items there.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#35]

They won't be getting any $$ from me after all the complaints that I've heard......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I've placed 5-6 orders with them over the last 4 years and have been lucky that everything has always been correct and i've always received my orders in less than a week (and thats CA to NY).  And the reason that most of the people you deal with have thick accents is that they are Israeli.

+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm gonna copyright this

You might want to trademark it instead.  It lasts longer.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:50:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I wish I had read this a week ago now all i can do is hope.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:10:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, made the mistake of ordering from them years ago.  Hasn't happened since.  And it never will.

Still waiting for my Surefire bulb that they forgot to put in my order.  It's been about 5 years now.  Guess I am not getting it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top