Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:15:32 AM EDT

Thats the sign hanging at the front door at the Pasadena Texas indoor gun
range on.... East Shaw?   I had business at the county clerks office close by.

Anyone know the reasoning for this policy?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They want to keep your brass and don't want to have to deal with aluminum cases.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They want to keep your brass and don't want to have to deal with aluminum cases.

If that were the case, I'd just get a buttload of Wolf steel cased and go in there and burn it up!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That's all I shoot out of my Sigs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Take some Wolf in there, just to piss'em off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Thank you..  that makes sense..  

I didnt know Blazer made aluminum in 22 rounds..
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take some Wolf in there, just to piss'em off.

at least with the Wolf, they can use a magnet..

I think I'll take my Business elsewhere..  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
make sure to tell them why

TXL
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]
hell it's Pasadena a.k.a. pass the gas dena. who know what they are thinking with all the nasty ass smelling air. all the chems they breath in everyday has to cause some brain damage
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, over at Riley Gilmore's place (aka) Tulsa Firearms, they used to insist that you buy any ammo shot on their range FROM the range.

That stopped about the time that they began to loose all their customers

Now they say all ammo has to be TMJ, not FMJ and they blame it on OSHA because FMJ still has exposed lead and it creates "an unsafe work environment" for the range employees because of imaginary lead gas in the air from FMJ.

I don't go there anymore. I go to Red Castle instead
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
is the range supervised? If not, fuck them. Shoot up buddy!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I can think of at least 7000 other signs that I have ignored with no more consequence...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess for those of us that don't shoot the aluminum garbage it's not a big deal. [shrug]

Most of you people really need to get out more.  "Take some wolf in there just to piss 'em off"?  Give me a break.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The indoor range I shoot at prohibits the use of aluminum and steel cased ammo (so no Wolf or Blazer).

The recyclers won't take the brass if there's aluminum or steel cases mixed in.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Just wait til more  indoor ranges start going to strictly "green" or "lead-free"  ammo being allowed to be shot on the range due to OSHA/EPA regs. You guys think that you have it tough NOW.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+ too many KaBooms!

(I hade a bad lot of CCI Blazer crack the cylender of a GP100.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The indoor range I shoot at prohibits the use of aluminum and steel cased ammo (so no Wolf or Blazer).

The recyclers reloaders won't take the brass if there's aluminum or steel cases mixed in.

I would venture to guess the same range also sells casings for reloading.

nope.... I worked there too. It's really a recycler....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I've gone there a few times and its fuckin trash dump.
Go to the one off of Hwy 3 and Neberaska.  Its ALOT nicer range, the folks are nicer but unfortunately they don't allow blazer either.  I have been going there for years and never took any blazer there personally until last month when I was expending some stuff that I had in the safe and mixing it up with my new carry pistol (to try and jam it,....it didn't :)) but I had just shot about 5 mags of it and took a break....noticed the sign on my way back into the range [oops] and I'd walked past the same sign for years and never noticed it.  It (the Blazer) seemed to put off a bright orange flash as compared to other ammo I was spending.......F'm I went ahead and shot the rest anyway  It was only a box and a half....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hell, over at Riley Gilmore's place (aka) Tulsa Firearms, they used to insist that you buy any ammo shot on their range FROM the range.

We have a range like that here, called "Clark Brothers" outside of Warrenton. Or they did the last
time that I went there, which was a while back as the guy running the range (behind the store) was
acting like a total tool. Ah well, their loss....

I know that "Blue Ridge Aresenal" used to have a sign like that (granted, that's been a few years
back also) for the already mentioned reason that they sell the brass, and they don't want to sort
them. Not sure if they've changed since they're under new ownership or not......

I police up my own brass, as I reload, but I've even seen places that have "Pick up your own
brass only!" signs, as they want to sell the stuff from the people who don't. Geez......
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Agree.  No class.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been to ranges where it's banned because some of it is TMJ instead of FMJ.  That means the entire bullet is jacketed, so there's much deformation against the backstop.  We had several bullets come back 25m, and all of them were TMJ Blaser.  But the aluminum case is a good reason, too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Screw 'em.

I would go in there and shoot a boatload of it.  If they do notice you, just tell them they lost a customer, and good luck sorting it out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I guess for those of us that don't shoot the aluminum garbage it's not a big deal. [shrug]

Most of you people really need to get out more.  "Take some wolf in there just to piss 'em off"?  Give me a break.

+1  And I am willing to bet that the majority of people bitching about this don't police their own damn brass!

So fuck off tards...I like a clean range, so what if they make a few pennies of my brass?   Better than throwing it away.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Blazer comes in brass cases now too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
The blazer is the cci blazer is the only .45 ACP that Ive had trouble with.  Wolf .45s recycle flawlessly, but I dont use them due to the dirt.  Dang their dirty!!  And stiiiink!  Man they stink.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a range like that here, called "Clark Brothers" outside of Warrenton. ...

In fairness to Clark Bros. though, the range is free (or at least it used to be).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#30]
You mean you don't police your own casings? Are you the same guy that leave the newspaper strewn about the men's room? Geez. Pick up after yourself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Other than the fact it's shit ammo, they want the brass and don't want to pay some kid miumum wage to pick the shit out.  Do your guns a favor and shoot real stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#32]
The range I go to its never a problem.  I also pickup ALL my cases

They go in the scrap piles for sale later
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#33]
What's a range?
The only range I've been close to is in the kitchen.
I went shooting last Snday and the only people I saw from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM was a couple of
Border Patrol Agents riding around.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a range like that here, called "Clark Brothers" outside of Warrenton. ...

In fairness to Clark Bros. though, the range is free (or at least it used to be).

I went by Clark Brothers Guns today on my way to drop my barrels off for threading. I thought about
stoping by the shop, but decided I'd rather use the time to get something to eat instead.    
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#35]
unless the case police are checking up on you I would shoot away and screw them
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, If you would have gone in, you could see the blown up .38 in the enclosed picture frame with the box of Blazer underneath it.  They and Marksman refer to it as a 'safety' issue.

And besides, the place is on the national registry of filthy shitholes.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I went to that range one time at night, it was like traveling through hell to get to the sewer plant for hell.  Rather go down on the river to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a range like that here, called "Clark Brothers" outside of Warrenton. Or they did the last
time that I went there, which was a while back as the guy running the range (behind the store) was
acting like a total tool. Ah well, their loss....

I know that "Blue Ridge Aresenal" used to have a sign like that (granted, that's been a few years
back also) for the already mentioned reason that they sell the brass, and they don't want to sort
them. Not sure if they've changed since they're under new ownership or not......

I police up my own brass, as I reload, but I've even seen places that have "Pick up your own
brass only!" signs, as they want to sell the stuff from the people who don't. Geez......

My local pistol range has a big sign that says that any and all brass on the range, other than your own is property of the range and the removal of brass is considered theft etc...

The guy who runs the place is a prick but its the place my gun club shoots at so I have no choice.  I havent been to my pistol club for ages cos we lost the place where we used to shoot air pistols and so we only shoot at that range now.  Fuck em.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I always pick up all my brass no matter where I'm shooting at.

Heck I may actually reload some of it one of these days!

I don't shoot any Aluminum cased stuff and I have just purchased my first case of Wolf steel cased ammo for my AK47!

I'll use a magnet to seperate it from the brass!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well, If you would have gone in, you could see .........place is on the national registry of filthy shitholes.

LOL

I took my wife (girlfriend back then) there for  the first time (the place on Shaw....) while we were dating.   I had been in several indoor ranges before BUT this was the first time I'd ever been here.  It was a fucking shithole to put it nicely.  

As the story goes, I take my girlfriend into the range and we get set up on one of the stations (concrete? partitions) that seperate shooters.  About 3 doors down, there are a group of guys that are just having a field day with a rented select fire.  They're doing full mag dumps out of a 16.   NOW, I have handled plenty of full auto (M2/M60/M249/MK19/M16/MP5 etc etc)....but full auto in a little concrete hallway INDOORS is still something that is not exactly easy to settle down under., and to top this off ........this is my girlfriends first time shooting indoors and first time with handguns...  I set up our targets and get her situated with a 92F and a full mag of Blazers all the while these guys are going bazzerrkoo on the full auto (very un-nerving for a first time shooter/indoors)  .....I operate the target carriage out to about 10 feet or so (shooting stall is dirty/ old discarded targets all over the floor, ammo boxes)  and she starts shooting.  I'm giving her instructions in my loudest voice to compensate for the hearing protection and full auto fire 15 feet away...when the paper in our stall catches fire (blazer muzzle flash/late burning powder) and soon ignites all the paper nearby.   Next thing you know there is an official campfire in this place from all the trash (and yes the guys few doors down are still going full auto)......wanna talk about a bad first time shooting experience in a shithole???...ask my wife  We were only there a few minutes and will obviuosly never go back....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#41]
So that was you...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Can't shoot the stuff at my indoor range either.  The range states that this policy is specifically because shooters using the stuff have experienced too many jams and malfunctions with it.  Therefore, it is concidered a safety issue.
I don't know if this is true or not.  But I doubt that it's because the range wants to sell brass back to the clientel because not that many people at my range handload their pistol ammo.  I know because the boxes of once fired brass sell about as well as umbrellas in Death Valley.  
I also doubt that they object to sorting the stuff because they put a grunt on it and it only takes a few minutes (most of the brass falls behind the firing line and is sorted by the customers who dump it into dedicated recycling buckets).
Frankly, I'm inclined to gve them (the range management) the benefit of the doubt on this policy because as near as I can tell, most of the people who use the range are not particularly experienced, savy handgunners.  I can easily see many of them getting into trouble with even pretty minor malfunctions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top