Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 2:29:17 AM EDT
My son received his Honorable discharge in Dec. and decided to go to Fresno to attend college because it was supposed to be cheaper per credit hr than here in MI, also had a USMC buddy that supposedly had things all worked out as far as getting him a job at the local VA hospital while he attended school.  Things have'nt worked out!!!  He is going to school at Fresno St. but needs to find some gainful employment!!  He has sent out dozens of resumes, with little response,  He spent his first four years in the USMC as a Field Radio Operator, then was recalled after 9/11 as an MP for two more years, then thats it we don't need you anymore!!!  You can re-enlist but it would have to be as CPL, not SGT. With no Guarantee of MOS, what a crock!!  The gov't cannot seem to figure out how to administer the GI bill program so up to this point all school expenses are out of pocket!!  There does not seem to be any veterans rep. anywhere to be found around that area so again SOL!  If anyone around that area has any leads, or ideas, it would sure help someone out who has stood for us in time of need to allow us to be what we are!!  I have two sons who put in their time in the Corps, BUT I would have advised them otherwise if I knew then what I know now,even though I am proud of what they accomplished and what it allows us a Americans to enjoy!!!!!!  If you have any ideas his E-Mail is [email protected].  Thank You!!!!  Dad...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Does he need a certain amount per hour to make it?  Have him go to numerous hospitals - they always have some jobs like Transporter - decent pay, very flexible hours, and they often help with tuition reimbursement.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys;  Thanks for the links, I was not aware of the vets forum!!  I Have forwarded the link to the forum to him, although since california is 3 hrs behind, he is probably still in the rack.  The biggest problem seems to be that he is in school during the day when a lot of employers need help.  I spoke to him last night and he told me that he is considering dumbing down his resume due to apparently being overqualified.  Thanks again!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top