Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 8:48:15 PM EDT
So, I had a job interview today. This company contacted me out of the blue, and said would you like to talk to us? It's a reputable firm. But they are very careful in their hiring process. Today was my second interview. On paper (resume) I did okay, but that was in the first interview. Today - the second interview - there was a woman present. At first it was two men and her in a conference room, and one by one they left me alone with her in the room with the door closed.

I say this because I think women are very astute communicators who can pick up on subtle nuances men can't. The woman was pleasant enough, but I think her purpose is to DEEP SCAN me, meaning she didn't listen to what I was saying so much as looking at my eyes to see what kind of person I am on the inside and all that.

Anyone here had a similar experience?

(I also had to take a drug test. That was new to me. Anyone had to do this during the application process?)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Its possible. Some people can read you like a book.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had that done.

Did you study for the drug test?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
no anal probe?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Was it a board interview in Fort Worth?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Huh? and no.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So, I had a job interview today. This company contacted me out of the blue, and said would you like to talk to us? It's a reputable firm. But they are very careful in their hiring process. Today was my second interview. On paper (resume) I did okay, but that was in the first interview. Today - the second interview - there was a woman present. At first it was two men and her in a conference room, and one by one they left me alone with her in the room with the door closed.

I say this because I think women are very astute communicators who can pick up on subtle nuances men can't. The woman was pleasant enough, but I think her purpose is to DEEP SCAN me, meaning she didn't listen to what I was saying so much as looking at my eyes to see what kind of person I am on the inside and all that.

(I also had to take a drug test. That was new to me. Anyone had to do this during the application process?)

You've been reading too much Grisham. This ain't the Firm.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've been reading too much Grisham. This ain't the Firm.

I never read Grisham, or even seen his movies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its possible. Some people can read you like a book.

Are you kidding??

I got whole chapters on this guy!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

and no.

ok...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

and no.

ok...

Huh? and no.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you have a .msn email address?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do you have a .msn email address?

No.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top