Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 1:43:52 PM EDT
I bought an Auto-Ordnance Model 1927 M1 "Tommy Gun."  

Why?  Because I could!

My father used one in Vietnam, he was on a minesweep off the coast and was in charge of the boarding party.  They used to search junks and other Vietnamese boats for weapons.  He had an idiot captain that told him he could not have his men chamber rounds when boarding.  So my father logged that he obeyed under protest and when he boarded he just cocked his Thompson.  HaHa, its an open bolt weapon!  He can't chamber a round!  The captain never knew.

Of course, mine is a current production closed bolt design.

Another interesting note, my father volunteered for the Swift boats, but got to Vietnam after they turned ops over to the South Vietnamese (68-69?).  Scary, he might have been a shipmate with John F*@$ Kerry.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If I had any idea that new drums would become available, I would probably add one to my collection as well.

Any rumors floating around about new Tommy drums?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I had any idea that new drums would become available, I would probably add one to my collection as well.

Any rumors floating around about new Tommy drums?

Same here. They got to be a little to expensive for me when the ban kicked in.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I could squeeze a tommy in the safe...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Auto-Ordnance has them, but the prices are still high.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
$284.00 Drum Details  

Should have looked first.   50 rounds?  pffffft.  Need 100 rounders.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top