Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:01:55 PM EDT
Women in miniskirts risk rape on buses
Telegraph (UK) | 27 September 2004 | David Blair

Bus drivers in Swaziland have threatened to rape any female passenger seen wearing a miniskirt.

They have banned women from wearing revealing clothes on buses after three men were arrested for allegedly gang-raping an 18-year-old schoolgirl at a bus station in the town of Manzini.

Witnesses said the men - a bus driver and two conductors - shouted abuse at the girl for wearing a miniskirt.

When about 1,000 women demonstrated against the attack, drivers and conductors threatened to do the same again. One conductor said: "Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped, and we will give them what they want."

Police said they would arrest anyone suspected of sexual assault and women's groups in the deeply conservative kingdom are outraged.

"This is madness," said Nomhlanhla Dlamini, the director of the Swaziland Action Group Against Abuse. "This has no place in modern society."
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
and women with tattoos are all sluts.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And don't forget they only get one for the fad. Zombievt you may know this. How many thousands of years has this fad been going on and through how many cultures? Now back to the original topic. Take those offenders and turn them over to the thousand female demonstraters!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
In my day it was ..."women that smoked...fucked."

No proof here.

There were many that didn't smoke who...oh well you get the point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Swaziland?  Isn't that one of those third-world shitholes?   They have working buses?  Guess that makes them better off than most other third-world shitholes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
oh yea it wasn't the fault of the three men huh. Yea they were upstanding citizens.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
and women with tattoos are all sluts

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
oh yea it wasn't the fault of the three men huh. Yea they were upstanding citizens.

just like it's money's fault politicians are corrupt; it corrupts 'good' people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If thats ture how come I never get anywhere?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped

Perhaps not, but there are some on this board who would have diminished sympathy for her if that's what ended up happening. After all, she chose her mode of dress knowing that it would engender negative reactions in some people.

see, that attitude is bullshit. just because a woman chooses to dress a certain way it does not mean she is asking to get raped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Now what if they hav no panties on ???
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

how does that excuse it? i guess anyone here who has ever free-balled wants to get sodomized then..
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how does that excuse it? i guess anyone here who has ever free-balled wants to get sodomized then..

No it does not excuse it, rape is wrong! I was putting some fun into this, ever picked up a chick at a bar and found she had no panties under her skirt?? Fairly easy pick up, right? Every women friend (not lover) I know says when they go "looking", they go panty less under the skirt.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats,,,a...fairly sick.  I mean...I think we all want to "rape" (have sex) with hot girls wearing mini's, but I'm not going to announce it to everyone.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped

Perhaps not, but there are some on this board who would have diminished sympathy for her if that's what ended up happening. After all, she chose her mode of dress knowing that it would engender negative reactions in some people.

You been getting shot at or something???  That's DEEP.....

ETA:  meaning as in 'Deeply thoughtful' as opposed to
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Swaziland is an African sub-third world shithole… they still sacrifice people to their heathen gods in that part of the world… look up 'Muti killings'.

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess if women don't want to be raped they should dress like this?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I guess if women don't want to be raped they should dress like this?
www.courttv.com/graphics/photos/trials/freeman/inside/lede/freeman-sultaana-inside-verdict-060603.jpg

I think those same people would rape that woman as well - claiming that she was deliberately "playing hard to get" and thus got what she deserved.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Every women friend (not lover) I know says when they go "looking", they go panty less under the skirt.

Got to let the air circulate around that thing, especially if you're going to dance.

Just ask Paris Hilton.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#23]

"This is madness," said Nomhlanhla Dlamini, the director of the Swaziland Action Group Against Abuse. "This has no place in modern society."

WTF makes anyone think that Swaziland is part of modern society???
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#24]
back to my theory about how the african continent is genetically backward.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#25]
How many -threads does poink get to start, before getting the boot?

Hey poink, pick up your paycheck yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top