Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:36:43 AM EDT

Sounds like the same fucked up laws we have here in the PRK.  We can't import anything made of kangaroo.

Why the fuck 'dillos protected anyway?  These people would have a shit fit if they ever went to Texas.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10849299%255E1702,00.html

Gun-toting armadillo detained

22sep04

AN armadillo kitted out with a toy pistol holster, cowboy hat and sheriff's badge has been detained by Customs officials enroute from Texas to Adelaide.

The stuffed animal, which was mounted on its hind legs on a timber board, was detected while Customs officers screened international cargo in Sydney recently.

It is illegal to import armadillos without a permit.

The creature, which was being imported as a gift, was bound for an Adelaide address and Customs has issued a warning to the addressee.

Customs said the importation breached wildlife protection laws.

"Armadillos are a protected species listed under the Convention for the International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES) and Australia supports that convention," Customs regional director for South Australia Victoria Lynch said.

CITES protects more than 30,000 species of animals and plants worldwide.

Commercial importations can attract fines of up to $110,000 and prison sentences of up to five years.

The import and export of wildlife in Australia is regulated under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Armadillos are endangered?  Since when?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
really i see a few hundred dead this summer they cant be that endangered they are all over the place here in oklahoma
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Armadillos (armadillae?) can carry leprosy.  Not sure why anyone would want to touch one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
This particular armadillo was dead and stuffed. I don't see what the big deal was.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Um... does the US consider Armadillos to be endangered???

Skid... dude.... hide.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
They are endangered in Texas when I catch them eating out of my cattle feeders.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Um... does the US consider Armadillos to be endangered???

Skid... dude.... hide.

Told you those things were dangerous ..... dangerous or dead, nothing in between

They are endangered where I go ......
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#8]
endangered huh?  that's it, im gonna run over an extra one today just for this article.......................
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
endangered huh?  that's it, im gonna run over an extra one today just for this article.......................

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Armadillos are endangered?  Since when?

Every time they cross a road.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate armadillos! It has to be seen to be believed what they can do to a  yard. The last one I put on the extinct list was with a Keltec P32 when I came home from work and it was rooting up the yard.  

If someone thinks they are endangered just come to this part of Texas and we can give them all they want and then some.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I hate armadillos! It has to be seen to be believed what they can do to a  yard. The last one I put on the extinct list was with a Keltec P32 when I came home from work and it was rooting up the yard.  

If someone thinks they are endangered just come to this part of Texas and we can give them all they want and then some.

When I get 'em all dead here, I'll come see ya ...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Those things are spreading like coyotes. They are even here in parts of TN.

Possum on the half shell.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top