Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
My doctor is sending me for a long walk on a short treadmill to check out my ticker. I sure hope the two blown disc in my back don't effect the results.

Anybody here had one of these test? I hear that they really put you through the paces.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The hard part is the last 5 minutes.  I had one done last year, and about a week later, a catherization.  Never did find any problem.

There will be 2 or 3 nurses standing with you the entire time. Tell them if you feel any pain anywhere.  If your back gives a problem, I understand they can give you a "chemical" treadmill test also. They inject something that makes you heart think you are walking 25 mph and makes it beat that fast. Then they take the pictures.

Good luck, be praying for you.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I did this last year. You start walking, no biggie, gets faster, the last bit is the hard part. they tell you if they have enough though, so you can stop whenever you want.

Don't sweat it , just take'er easy and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Because I've been on high blood pressure meds. since I was fourteen y/o, now thirty five y/o, I have a stress test every five years. So far I've past with flying colors. They take all your vitals and medical history, then they do an EKG test. After that they hook you up to another medical contraption and have you start walking on a treadmill and gradually increase speed and the incline, the whole time the Doctor will continually ask if you feel okay.  They do get you going real good and you'll feel it!

After that, I was given a sonogram of my heart and various things connected to it.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Having one on the 3rd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top