Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 11:21:56 AM EDT
So I just got off the phone with Cheaper than Dirt .
My order came in yesterday and almost everything was great .
  I had ordered a M7 Bayonet and scabbard now that the AWB is dead and I can utilize my formally restricted rights .When the order came in Everything else was fine , but the bayonet that was advertised as near new had a bent mounting ring and the tip of the blade was bent also .To me this was not a near new bayonet so I called up for a return . I spoke with the rep for a few minutes about the bayonet and she looked for a FED EX return center in my area . Apparently the one here in not equipped to process the free shipping label service that CTD uses on returns . She than told me I would have to mail in in on my own and the return shipping would be refunded after the bayonet was inspected . I agreed and said that was no problem .
 Than she said to hold on a second and that she would just send me a new one out and I could just keep the bent one for display purposes .She felt that my living in Alaska might make the shipping be cost prohibitive . So she just let me keep the one and is sending me another one . Now that is good customer service any way you cut it . I know they will be getting more business from me , and maybe some from you  to . Check them out .They have all kinds of neat stuff.www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/default.asp
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Now they just need to update their mag prices to reflect the end of the AWB. I just got a new catalog yesterday and everything was still sky high. But yeah, they've always done a good job getting my orders to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Now they just need to update their mag prices to reflect the end of the AWB. I just got a new catalog yesterday and everything was still sky high. But yeah, they've always done a good job getting my orders to me.

I got two of them yesterday . I think they where printed before the end of the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have always had a good experience with them.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
For the first few years, before they went big-time (I-net web-site & etc..) they were really great to deal with. I reached "YY" status in nuthin flat (spend 2 grand w/ em for "YY").

But since they went global their shippin (which used to be standard UPS and always arrived the next day, IF ya called before noon) costs have skyrocketed, not to mention the Haz-Mat added fee and they take days to even bother getting the stuff in the mail nowdays. Forget UPS, they changed that too.

As I go past there every year I save my list now and go in person (they do still honor my discounts) and avoid the hassle and added cost.

YMMV,
Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know Mr. Wilson . Shipping was pretty fast for Alaska .
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
no probs here
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I never had much of a problem with them, I havent got a catalog in awhile though
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for CTD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for CTD, and thier Fort Worth retail store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top